It's Not a Tubes Only World Here ~ What Tube Amp Did You Keep??

I had to sell my DrZ Maz Jr 18 NR and a modded Blues Jr to be able to afford the Axe. I have since purchased a Princeton Reverb with JJ's that I doubt I'll ever sell.

PT100 & Fortin modded JVM. Not Going Anywhere!!

Neither the Axe-II or KPA(I own both) can replace what these monsters bring!! And that's ok.

The Axe is way more versatile and a great jack of all trades unit(love it) but not a master of these 2 babies tones!!

The KPA is very impressive as well, and in its very short time has shaken things up & created competition. This is a good thing, and the Axe-II vs KPA wars (lol) will only help to take digital modeling/profiling devices to the next level much faster!! Cliff doesn't sleep!! lol

I love having great gear to fit my different moods. I'll never be in any one particular camp because anything can be heaven one day & crap to your ears later that same day.

Plus sometimes ya just gotta fire up some tubes!!

I actually just got my hands on a Carvin V3M and a 2x12 cab with V30s. Sounds pretty awesome and I'm playing with the Axe either as effects or preamp with the V3M acting as the power amp. Either way, both are staying as both are great for their purposes.

I still have my first amp, a 1964 Fender Champ that my Dad gave me. I'll never sell it or the Silvertone guitar that came with it.

I still have :
- Carvin Legacy VL212 combo (early one with Greenbacks)
- '82 Marshall JMP 1959 head

None of them are much used now.

I'll probably sell the Legacy.
The Marshall was my first tube amp, so it stays.. :)

Per

I still love my Tube Thomsen Amp and my 70s Marshall 50w MV - but use my AXE II daily and for gigs too

I downsized a lot, but still buying selling amps. Oddly enough, just picked up a Friedman BE100 and love it. Figures since BE and HBE models are my favorite on the Axe. I also still have a PRS Dallas II and Mojo Tweed Deluxe. I keep the Dallas to have a smallish portal combo that works with pedals. The Tweed kit I built myself so while I don't really use it much it has sentimental value.

Where did you get the Friedman BE from?

Keeping a Mesa Road King II in 5A flamed maple hardwood, royal blue stain. Hard to let go of that after ordering it custom.

Also keeping a Mesa Recto 2x12, custom-wired in stereo, with the very first Vintage 30's I paid for with what was left of a corporate 401K. I vowed to never invest so much into the the 9-to-5 again, as it was not in the direction of realizing my dreams.
As well as a Mesa Recto 4x12 in blue leather, also ordered custom.

Keeping all the Tweed, Brown & Blackface Fenders and all the Marshalls, JCM800 series and earlier. Consider selling some but the lady of the house said, "No way in hell!"

I am keeping my Dumble ODS clone and my Trainwreck Liverpool clone.
Those are built by myself and I will never sell them.

Mesa TriAxis and 2:90. Simply a great rig. I also have 50/50 that I've been debating letting go of but it's cool to have it as a backup for the 2:90. I also have an ADA Mp2 which is really cool as well but is just collecting dust.

I haven't sold much in the way of amps and still have a bunch, but if they'd pack, sell and ship themselves 2/3 could go tomorrow. What wouldn't go are BF/Tweed Fenders, ToneKing Metropolitan, Gibson GA? (like Tweed Deluxe on steroids), Mesa Studio Preamp, Ampeg Super Echo Twin and Gemini II. Amps/cabs by Allen, Fender, Pearce, Yamaha, Carr, Groove Tubes, Marshall, Music Man, Tech 21, Vox and others could go today. It's not that they aren't good-great amps. It's just that they don't get played and that's a waste. Even the great ones rarely get played these days.

I use a BF Fender Princeton as a grab and go, the ToneKing as the tube amp I could use at any gig and be happy and the rest just haven't gotten much use in the last 3 years. I'm planning on having a big sale over at TGP before summer ends.

I've been thinking of selling my early Mesa Mark IV medium head. On one hand it is just sitting around doing nothing, on the other I have become pretty attached to it.

I've been thinking of selling my early Mesa Mark IV medium head. On one hand it is just sitting around doing nothing, on the other I have become pretty attached to it.

Lol I'm exactly in the same situation as you. I really love it but I never turned it on since I got the AXE-II

gigrig_2012_72dpi.jpg

Attachments

• gigrig_2012_72dpi.jpg
    gigrig_2012_72dpi.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 2
None.... Sold... Only reason to keep them would have been sentimental and they would have seen daylight every year or so just to play them. Well.... I would have played them but I sold the cabinets too so....

I let them go to someone who would use and appreciate them more than I would have.

Back
Top Bottom