It's here!!!

DalGuit

my Axe FX II XL is here!!! And damn I gotta play a gig.. the fractal is not ready for the gig yet... I will have to wait.... aye it drives me crazy...

Will have time tomorrow to check it out... I will hook it up to a Firehawk 1500 wet / dry/ wet config
Or stereo thru a pair of Mackie 824's any advice welcome... I'm glad to be a part of this community

Never gig with a new piece of equipment. Gig with your old gear until you figure the new gear out. Otherwise that way only disappointment lies. That goes for something as simple as a new pedal, I remember gigging with a new delay pedal that I was using for the first time and absolutely hating it forever afterwards. And the Axe is way more complicated then a Boss DD-20. It took me months to figure out the Axe and really feel comfortable with it.

Never gig with a new piece of equipment. Gig with your old gear until you figure the new gear out. Otherwise that way only disappointment lies. That goes for something as simple as a new pedal, I remember gigging with a new delay pedal that I was using for the first time and absolutely hating it forever afterwards. And the Axe is way more complicated then a Boss DD-20. It took me months to figure out the Axe and really feel comfortable with it.
Yup!!! It will be a while before it's on a gig. Gotta check out what I'm working with.

Mackie 824

Or you could plug the XLR/1/4" outputs stereo into the Mackies and USB into you laptop/workstation using the Axe-FX as the audio interface. Super simple and straightforward approach, then you can create new presets with Axe-Edit on the fly.

I gigged with mine the first day I got it. Programmed five patches in 30 minutes (without prior knowledge as to how to use the editing software) and took it with me (Twin for cleans, Plexi for dirt). Admittedly it was an easy gig compared to many - I'm a worship player, so just 6 songs (though we did two services). I could not stop grinning for weeks. My first efforts were primitive but it sounded WAY better than the HD500 I used to years.

Still, I can understand the hesitation and admit I was being obsessive. What got me (and still does) is how easy it is to make great sounds and how hard it is to make them suck.

After almost 50 years of playing, touring, sessions, and spending a fortune on gear (had a good job), Fractal is by far the best money I've ever spent. I just finally added an AX8 to the arsenal and marvel that something so small and "simple" can sound identical to a $3,000+ rig.

Back
Top Bottom