Bug? It's happening again

Ok so here I am again with the same problem! I own an axe 2 xl and from time to time I get this annoying fluttering, hissing, loss of tone kind of problem with EVERY preset. I didn't change anything so before the nerds come at me with "bro your compressor block, resister, transmitter" know that I did not CHANGE ANYTHING. This is affecting the axe fx as a whole. I have sent in my Axe Fx 2 to fractal before about a year ago or so, they "FIXED" it but now the problem is occurring from time to time. I even spoke to someone on the phone from there headquarters and they assured me that the problem was not user error and that moving forward I shouldn't have any more problems.

Recently, I get LUCKY when the AXE 2 decides go back to working order. Sometimes it involves reinstalling a firmware and factory reset. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Believe me, when it works its BEAUTIFUL, I've been gigging at decently big venues, and the sounds guys are impressed when I go direct in!

Also another issue is that when I have my axe connected to my Macbook pro via usb, the AXE EDIT sometimes totally shuts off sound coming from the AXE FX. I have to turn off and back on to get sound to come back. And then when I use Logic Pro, logic pro suddenly diminishes the tone I work so hard getting but when I exit logic, its back.

But most importantly, It drives me nuts because I have GIGS coming up and the AXE FX does this to me so often like it has a mind of its own! Cmon fractal, maybe just send me a new axe fx 2 xl? I mean this is ridiculous.

below I included a link to my video so you can hear

How are you amplifying it?
Well as far a cabinet goes, I use a power amp specifically seymour duncan's powerstage 170. But I don't think that's the issue. Even when I have the AXE going direct in, it's giving me the problems I've described. When the AXE FX 2 XL is in working order it's like the best thing I've ever owned but here are my problems summarized when ever they arise spontaneously. Again, I don't believe I've done anything drastic, I've used it just as intended. I utilize the AXE FX in a very basic way both recording and gigging. I am not as creative as other users who've come up with all kinds of crazy routing.

1) Fizzy, hissing sound, tone quality lost
2) AXE EDIT sometimes causes AXE FX to malfunction as in sound suddenly disappears and I need to turn off/turn back on AXE FX
3) When using a DAW such as Logic Pro X, the tone sometimes loses quality for some strange reason.

This wasn't always the case when I first owned the AXE and at this point I've had it for about 3 years give or take. It wasn't until about a year and 1/2 in that these problems started to develop which is when I first had FRACTAL fix the issue.

Weird! Can you try a different guitar and cable? Just to eliminate the possibility. I have a Strat with a faulty input jack that produced a very similar sound.

Fun fact: I sometimes had the issue with my atomic box. I thought it was the atomic box with that issue... next time i hear it (rarely occurs) I will plugin my headphones / other speakers to it.

it totally sound the same on my axe

Probably unrelated, but I get that exact noise in my AX8, but it doesn't just show up. I do something to make it happen. But the sound, the gurgle plus the hiss is exactly the same. For me, shutting down and rebooting helps it. But to eliminate it permanently, I have to disable my expression pedal from turning the boost and bright switch on/off at the same time. I do this as a way to instantly lower my gain while taking away a little bite.

Now, I also have an AxII and an XL+ and both units do NOT exhibit this behavior with my expression pedal connected to boost and bright. So this is most likely not the same issue you are having. However, when my AX8 goes on the blink, the sound you shared is exactly what I get after a few expression pedal pushes. It starts with a pop followed by the noise you get. I hope you can sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom