It's been (mostly) fun...

Chris, I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope things turn around for you. You are obviously a very talented guy who has a lot to offer.

Hey Chris

You should at least leave the videos up on youtube and let us click the ads.
Katy-Perrys-Creepy-Wink-Reaction-Gif.gif

Jk aside. You have been a big help.

Chris,

Just reading this after XMAS vacation and it's definitely disappointing to hear. I'm another one of those guys who might not have purchased an Axe without your videos. I was concerned about it being too complicated, but your videos made it seem very manageable. I used them again after I purchased and they were invaluable.

My only comment about your post is that I wish it would have been a notice about how you needed some support rather than a notice of how you are disengaging because that support never developed on its own. I had no idea that you were offering one-on-one consulting or I would have used it a couple of times myself. As several people has said, you need to market yourself instead of expecting things to happen on their own. I go out of my way to support people who help others and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum are the same way. I hope you'll give it some more thought and change your mind. It's clear that you have a ton of people who appreciate your work and would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for some of it. I've always thought that a power-Axe user who knows how to build web sites and videos could make some money with a membership site that provided great content, maybe a paid preset creation service, one-on-one support, etc. Many of us weekend warriors just don't have enough time to experiment and would gladly pay for access to easy-to-understand tutorials that save us time and allow us to spend more of our free time playing.

Chris, I'm not sure you will see this, but if you do.....

There are 2 reasons why I bought the Axe-Fx II and put my Mesa Boogie Mark V in storage and sold my TC Electronics G-System.....You and Mark Day. Mark Day showed me this incredible rig on you tube, that was only 2U's. He played the songs I did growing up, same taste in music and riffs. I could relate. And I'm 1/2 Canadian, so I have that going for or against me, however you see it! lol. Then I watched your videos that basically showed a NOOB like me could grasp this. You showed me how to program my mission engineering pedals (which I bought because that's what you showed and it worked the way I wanted it to work). If at anytime I did not say thanks for your help to any of my questions, I sincerely apologize. I have read both your post and reply.....and I think I totally understand what you are saying, and I'm not reading between the lines, but I do think I understand your sentiments. Best wishes in going forward in 2015 in your pursuits.

Chris-

Thank you for all you have done for the FAS community. Your videos have been invaluable in helping me learn and use the Axe.
Best of luck to you and Happy New Year!!

Just to chime in here a bit. Although I can no longer remember how I first found out about the Axe. I know I stumbled into it and it wasn't until a few years later I was able to pull the trigger. The one thing I can say for sure is that Chris' videos were crucial to getting me up and running. Specifically the two guitars one AxeFx video. I also purchased his last video for for scenes, I think, which was perfect timing for me. I would have joined the live chat but I was on a major jag with another piece of gear when he announced it was up and running. To be part of a community with so much support from the members is unusual and Chris contributed to that in a major way. We all want to contribute and be part of something that is fulfilling but it's a two way street. Your needs have to be taken care of in the process. Not that you have to get anything back in particular but you have to check yourself to make sure you're happy with how it's going.

Sometimes you need to step away from something you love in order to sort things out and you are now doing that for yourself. We've all had to do that at one time or another. It's important for your well being. It's been said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result". Chris you are now in a position to change the paradigm you've been operating inside of. Something good will now fill that space. I know we'll hear from you sooner or later because after all you are an Axe Fx user and it never stops improving. I hope you return refreshed. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Chris,
Your videos are excellent and have helped me from day one with the Axe II. You have the gift of explaining the complex in a way that technically less sophisticated folks (ME) can grasp. Just took a peak at the new vid...wow. The quality and breadth of subject matter are outstanding! Your best yet...

I would have been incredibly frustrated with my inability to understand and utilize this incredible box had you not given so freely of yourself, and I'm grateful.

As a side note, I once lost a friend I once had for over 20 years. One day he sent me a wicked long email explaining all the things he'd done for me over the years, and what little I had done for him. That was a tough email to receive 5 years ago and I still think about it. The trouble is, we were best buds, and unbeknownst to me, he had been keeping a silent "score card" as it were, the whole time and I simply had no clue of his expectations, which apparently were more similar to bartering as someone mentioned before. I completely was blind-sided...

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you'll realize what a huge part of our lives you are, and maybe after hitting the reset button, you'll be back with a vengeance!

Best wishes,

Kharma reigns. Whatever you get on with will be more beneficial to others whatever it is
I really enjoyed and learned a lot from your videoes - always with a detailed learning curve opposite to reading letters from a manual.
A Happy New Year to you Chris.

Back
Top Bottom