It's been (mostly) fun...

Chris,

I'm very sorry to see you go. Your videos definitely helped demystify Fractal products for myself and others. You have a talent for taking complex subjects and breaking them down in an understandable way.

That said, maybe it's just my perception, but I sense a lot of bitterness that you feel Fractal didn't properly acknowledge your work. I must ask, did you ever propose any of your ideas to Fractal directly? I'm getting the impression that you didn't, based on what yourself and Fractal have posted in this thread. It comes off as if you got your nose out of joint that people like Mark Day, Scott Peterson, etc. were getting recognized by Fractal in an official capacity and you weren't. I must ask, when you initially started these videos, were you doing it because you wanted recognition from Fractal or were you doing it because you loved the community and were passionate about the technology?

I disagree that everything must be charged for. Look at the open-source software movement. As a developer myself, I see the benefits of community-shared source code on a daily basis. If everything was closed source and behind a paywall, my job and the jobs of my coworkers would be considerably more difficult. It's nice to be able to find (and give) solutions to tricky technical problems in open community forums so that everyone benefits from collective knowledge. The rising tide lifts all boats, so to speak.

Again, I'm very sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. I do hope that you reconsider your decision and in the future are able to make a viable business model involving helping people understand their Fractal products.

Last edited:
Given your helpful contributions, its a shame you dont feel appreciated. I hear that you are somewhat angry and resentful of your perceived lack of notoriety.

Obviously you are not aware of how many peoples lives you've touched thru your participation in the community. Keep watching this thread and maybe it will become clear to you. ;)

Chris,

Thank you for your videos and help you gave to forum members needing help. Those that you helped won't forget you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

All the very best!
Terry

Chris, I've always appreciated all that you've contributed to the forum, whether to one of my questions or someone else's... i've learned tons of things I didn't even know to ask about.

Thanks!!

Chris, your videos were the best info to get to know the axe fx.
Why not bundle all videos together and sell them as one big help library.
Should be included when you buy the axe fx.
Anyway, I have learned a lot from your clips.
Hope you have a good Xmas and new year.
Please don't stay away from the forum

Chris,

Sevral months ago I was a bit intimidated and a little hesitant to purchase the Axe Fx XL because of my perceived complexity of it. Because of your videos and live online chats with me it gave me the confidence to finally purchase the Axe. Your valuable video tutorials with be greatly missed. I've really appreciated your help.

Thanks!

I liked your videos because they were point and click. Straight to the point of what I was trying to do. Set up my Axe with a PA and personal monitors. Volume and expression pedals. MFC. "push here, then here, choose this, change that and here you go, and this is why". I book marked them and went back when I needed to make a change or update.

I agree with whoever suggested the annual fee thing for access to you for help. What I'm about to say isn't meant in ANY negative way, but rather in support of your concerns. You have a gift for teaching and instructing in your videos that isn't there when you write here in the forum (at least to me). I'm guessing you carry the same demeanor in person or over Skype.

Wish you nothing but the best, and I'll be watching to see what you choose to do in the future. I'd be interested in subscribing.

I understand your frustration. I have been in a few threads with you getting beat up just for giving someone answers (that they don't want to hear) to their questions.

Then someone posts a video of a an average performance with an average preset (IMHO) and everybody falls all over themselves to post how incredible it was? Don't get me wrong, some of them are incredible......some, not so much.

Would love to do some videos about some of the amazing possibilities that are possible that most non "power-users" aren't aware of. But it takes waaaay to much time.

I still help out when I have time. But....."You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

I applaud all of your time that you invested helping others that needed it and wish you all the best.

An 80's hair metal band called Cinderella once did a song called "Don't Know What You Got Till it's Gone"

I suspect this may be the case for many here.

take care Chris, it was good chatting with you when the chat was on.

I think one can tell by the remarks from others here, that the effort you did was appreciated.

Now you must go do what you must go do, but do it for you. Not for us.

Because more than anyone else you know what you did, I hope without anything else required.

Be proud of that. We are...

And so I wish you the best, and thanks again for all the past help and videos.

Happy Holidays...!

Chris, it really blows to see such a great member go. I learned a lot watching your videos. Hope you accomplish whatever you want, you definitely deserve it.

Best wishes

So sorry to see you go, Chris. I hope someday you will return, perhaps under another user id. Whatever.
You've personified what I've always thought of as one of the best, most selfless and helpful forums on the Internet.
I know you will be missed. Take care of yourself and best of luck.

Chris,
Like many others, I really appreciated the deep and yet simple to understand videos you've created for us. I hope you will reconsider your decision and put in place a business idea that will work for you. I'd be happy to pay for a comprehensive guide to the axe video series made by you. Consider the videos you've already made as marketing tools to sell your next video project maybe? You could also gauge interest in such a product simply by using survey monkey in different channels (FAS forum, youtube, facebook).
Please stay with us, we like you a lot.

Take care...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wow..
i won't pretend to understand what you are feeling although i am unsure why the melancholic outlook..
still, i wanna echo what others have said: in that you have provided invaluable assistance to new comers in the fractal world.
personally i have benefited from your mfc videos when i got one myself.
i do hope you will find what you seek in the new year ahead.
take care!

Well, I'll add my 2 cents worth....

Your message to the forum was excellent! Well-worded and being certain to be completely understood. It may be CLOSURE, which "good endings make for great beginnings".

Your PASSION for helping on the forum was evident...when did it change? Was it when you looked at it for $$. OPTION: you could go back to the passion, re-think it / re-tool, and use what you have as "one stream of income" (multiple streams of income are ideal).

You have a lot of DATA now, via all the responses. Plug that into the above paragraph.

EXPECTATIONS: "expectations are planned disappointments" (we've all heard this before)

Lastly, I just love the end of the year - throw out the old, bring in the new. New goals - new accomplishments!

Last edited:
Hey Chris,

I wanted to just echo what so many have already said. Your videos had been of great help to me even prior to buying my axe fx XL. I would see guys playing and listen to the tones and think wow and I was always a little nervous about buying one. Then I stumbled across your videos and saw just how easy it was to get things set up. I have to tell you while it's very true that Mark Day was a driving force behind my purchase you certainly helped push me over the edge.

It's too bad you feel unappreciated I certainly see your point of view. I won't go into what others have said about giving stuff away for free etc etc. I would only hope that maybe you would consider contacting FAS and see if maybe they would be interested in you making tutorials for them? I have to say you explain things to us new users in very simple and easy to understand terms and it really makes a huge difference. In my case you did play a small part in easing my mind about my purchase. So give Matt or Mr CHase a shout see if you can work something out. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry to see you go Chris, I got a lot out of your videos when I first got my Axe-Fx.

One question for you; at what point did you contact Cliff or someone else at Fractal and try to work an arrangement with them in some capacity?

Posted with TapTalk for iPhone, please forgive the spelling errors.

Look at the firmware updates. In addition to running a business, dealing with supply chain issues, personnel issues, dirty competitors, lawsuits, etc., etc., I still manage to devote 40 hours a week on top of that to algorithm development, design and code. And what do I get in return from some people? "Where's that amp model I've been asking for? I've been asking for a year now. You don't care about us".

Then get rid of the "Wish LIst" section of the forum or be clearer with people that post in there regarding if and when and why or why they won't be seeing the changes they're "wishing" for there. For those of us that don't post "wishes" in that section, it's readily apparent how many you guys listen to and follow through on, but for individuals that have posted about that ONE amp they feel they need and then don't see it show up and aren't given a solid indication as to why, seeing the forest for the trees isn't quite as easy. It seems kind of... I don't know... something... to instead just write those individuals off as "some people."

Then get rid of the "Wish LIst" section of the forum or be clearer with people that post in there regarding if and when and why or why they won't be seeing the changes they're "wishing" for there. For those of us that don't post "wishes" in that section, it's readily apparent how many you guys listen to and follow through on, but for individuals that have posted about that ONE amp they feel they need and then don't see it show up and aren't given a solid indication as to why, seeing the forest for the trees isn't quite as easy. It seems kind of... I don't know... something... to instead just write those individuals off as "some people."

I don`t agree. I posted some wishes the last years and most of them get ignored, but even so i don`t agree with you: Adressing a wish is what it is: A communication line to adress something you wish. If this would include a "guarantee" of adaption and response (yes - will happen; yes - could happen; no - won`t happen) this would be a nightmare for FAS. A commitment to response every wish ever adressed. Next step? Explain and justify why something would not happen, don`t happen es fast as customers want, etc. .... Don`t make any sense to me. There is a difference to be FAS as employee of its customers or FAS take care of it`s customers. They do the second and thats fine.

Back
Top Bottom