It's been a long time...

Shenks

Experienced
...since I posted on the Fractal forum, but more importantly it's been a long time until I was in a position to consider upgrading from my Axe FX II XL+ and now that time is here!

A musician friend of mine has just received the Turbo and I jumped at the chance to buy his Axe FX 3 Mark I from him. Since we go 'way back' (approx 30 years) I've also got it at an absolute steal of a price which just makes it all the sweeter. All I need to do is order the FC12 from G66 and I'll be all set.

Based on threads I've read, I suspect I am in for a real wild ride but I have to wait until payday at the end of the month - patience is not my strongest virtue.

Excellent news! Be prepared to lose a LOT of time as you explore the new platform...truly amazing technology we have here.

Based on threads I've read, I suspect I am in for a real wild ride but I have to wait until payday at the end of the month - patience is not my strongest virtue.

I hope your Cygnus conversion therapy works out greatly for you (which it will).

It is amazing to reflect that 5 minutes invested in building a preset, you are ready to rock and roll anywhere. It is simpler and more dynamically realistic than before in any Fractal product.

Congrats and good luck with the patience ;)

As a new kid who just joined the Fractal family in July with an FM3, then rode out the release of FullRes, the FM9, and then the MKII Turbo (which I had in my house by October, and WOW) I can tell you my introduction to FAS the company, as a new customer, was overwhelming but in all the best ways.

I now have guitars in my hands roughly one million times as frequently as I had the previous ten years.

Welcome back and congrats! I remember anticipating a sound upgrade from my Axe-Fx II to the III but the feel is what really impressed me along with how much faster I could get to the sound in my head with fewer moves/tweaking.

Man, you are in for a real treat!

What do you listen through? Just curious.

I used to play thru a SS power amp into a passive Matrix Q12, but a shoulder injury means I can't lift very much at all at the moment. So ditched the power amp and now connect directly to a db Technologies FMX 12 as overall that's a lot less weight.

As soon as I get the FX3 and FC12 I suspect I will have many questions about fully leveraging the extra capabilities - either way, it's going to be an exciting journey!

The Axe FX III front panel user interface was a major step forward back when I upgraded. Since then, just "wow". And that was for the 18 months that I had the Axe FX III, but still hadn't got my hands on an FC-12 yet. I am pretty sure I'm still just touching the surface of everything that little unit is capable of, but it was really intuitive to set up to do everything I ever had from an MFC-101, and with a few more scenes and a lot more flexibility.

I predict it's going to be a time-consuming, mind-blowing, but ultimately incredibly enjoyable trip.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom