It's been a little too quiet here lately... Maybe FW 20 is around the corner?

What could FW20 have? New amp models/effects? The remaining amps/effects brought up to G3 standard?

Cliff has already said that "there is no difference between the G3'd amp models & the real tube amps".

Doesn't that make it difficult for him to release new firmware that touts amp model improvements from now on.......

I've been hearing that claim since the Ultra days... There will always be room for improvement! And that quest for perfection is greatly appreciated by my and many others...

What could FW20 have? New amp models/effects? The remaining amps/effects brought up to G3 standard?

Cliff has already said that "there is no difference between the G3'd amp models & the real tube amps".

Doesn't that make it difficult for him to release new firmware that touts amp model improvements from now on.......

Cliff never ceases to amaze me with new additions , I'm sure he will continue to surprise us many more times!
Personally, I'm very happy with the G3'ed amps and Drives, The ones that haven't been G3'ed are great too! however I am anticipating the rest getting the G3 process :) :)

If I were FAS, I would be working on an internet bot that would automatically give thoughtful replies and reassurances to forum complainers and trolls... and make them feel loved and important :)

If I were FAS, I would be working on an internet bot that would automatically give thoughtful replies and reassurances to forum complainers and trolls... and make them feel loved and important :)

Yes! Your strong enough, good enough, important enough, and doggone it ,People like you!!!!!

19 seemed to finish what 17 started. It's great for me, but the tone almost always improves with new firmware so I'm as hooked as anyone else to know what FAS has been up to.

we will install fw 20 and "The END" will show up on the green screen, no sound, no formatting, no going back. And everybody will go back to their couple of pedals and small tube amp setup and will start playing-practicing more, wont have a great tone as now but will play better-make more music :)

18 was released a month ago, 17 was released 2 months before that... So that must mean that 20 should have been release 2 weeks after 19. ;)

It's been a little too quiet here lately... Maybe FW 20 is around the corner?

Honestly!! Less than a month since feeding time and you are already hungry.

I think the axe fx 2 range has really reached it peak and what a peak!! Hundresds of very accurate amp models amd drive blocks and a supreme collection of effects

Me is very happy

I think the axe fx 2 range has really reached it peak and what a peak!! Hundresds of very accurate amp models amd drive blocks and a supreme collection of effects

This is why I think FAS is cooking up something entirely different than just another firmware release. To quote the great Dr. Emmett Brown: "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

I hope they are hard at work on AX8. No complaints with FW19 and AX8 would generate new revenue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My speculation:

So Cliff mentioned plugins in that one thread. Well, I'm thinking Fractal is working on a VST or standalone plugin (maybe even a mobile app?) to compete with the likes of Positive Grid's Bias Desktop, Toontrack's EZMix line, Amplitube, ReValver, etc. Guitar plugins have come a long way in recent years and people are starting to use them more and more. Bias Desktop has been getting a LOT of attention lately and many guitar/sound engineer YouTube channels are directly comparing Axe FX against Bias Desktop. Prosumer/Consumer software is something Fractal hasn't explored yet and since the guitar plugin market is really starting to pick up, I could see them jumping in on the fun. I mean, they already have the Axe FX algorithms and Axe Edit for the GUI. Just gotta put the two together and bam, you have a plugin. (Obviously it's way more complicated than that, but you get my drift.)

EDIT: Forgot about Cablab, so yeah, they've done software before. My bad.

Last edited:
Axe-PC has existed since around 2010 (back in the Ultra days) if I remember correctly... IIRC they had a breakout box but were worried about piracy. Maybe now that they have CabLab they might finally be confident in releasing Axe-PC!

Back
Top Bottom