It's basically what you expect from me, by now (New Bass Day)

selta

Power User
It's yet another New Bass Day in the house of Selta. This one was about 13 months in the making. I placed my order on 3/2/16, and just picked it up this morning.
Dingwall Guitars, Afterburner 1, 6 string (hipshot Xtender on the B string to get to Drop-A)
Transgreenburst over flamed maple
"Blacked out" heel contour and headstock
Maple neck, Wenge fretboard
"D-Bird" 4 position rotary switch:
1) All three pickups
2) Middle pickup solo
3) Bridge + middle pickups
4) Bridge solo
3x Series/Parallel switches (can put the coils in series or parallel for each pickup)
Glockenklang 3 band preamp:
Lows: 40Hz, +/- 14dB
Mids: 550Hz, +/- 9dB
Highs: 18kHz, +/- 18dB
Active/Passive switch (volume pot is push/pull)

17835143_10155021159631276_4402781462517777543_o.jpg

Clips and things to come later. I'm jet lagged from travelling between 15 timezones which I just got home from late last night.

You have an illness sir :)
Thanks
Pauly
Should be the last one for probably 13-14 months. I have a few more collector basses on my list, and a few other high end / botique basses I want to try out, but I'm actually pretty settled on basses right now.

I cut some super simple tracks, just to demo a bit of the tonal platter available on a 3x pickup, 3x toggles, Glockenklang 3 band EQ Afterburner. This is with the "D-bird" four position rotary, which is different than the standard 4 position rotary.

1) Bridge Pickup only (Rotary position 1):

2) Bridge + MIddle pickups in Parallel (rotary position 2):

3) Middle pickup only (rotary position 3):

4) All three pickups, Bridge and Middle are in Parallel with each other, and the pair are in Series with the Neck (rotary position 4):

Playing isn't that great, but just wanted something simple and consistent to show the tonality.

Sweet bass, man! I've been GAS'ing for a Dingwall for awhile now.
Thanks. They're super awesome basses for sure. I'm likely going to be selling one of mine to find one final custom build. Either way, I'll have two fives and a six... we'll see if I go through with a new build or not. :)

I wish they made a short scale. Dingwall's current scale would set off my carpal tunnel like nobody's biz.

Congrats on that super fine bass.

Let me know when you are ready for some more bass cab packs.

I wish they made a short scale. Dingwall's current scale would set off my carpal tunnel like nobody's biz.

Congrats on that super fine bass.

Let me know when you are ready for some more bass cab packs.
I've gotta get more demos done of your current ones. I hope to do that starting this week - I have three recording projects in flight, so I'll be spending a lot of time in the studio over the next two months, where I hope to have down time that I can use for misc. recording stuff like that :)

Back
Top Bottom