It's 2020, why can't we have a completely wireless set up?

Wireless is not trustworthy, so I'd avoid having anything but guitar and IEM to be wireless.
That’s a crazy thing tho say. No offence intended but you trust your wireless guitar and IEM but not something that sends a single command to a device wirelessly? Or in the case of an expression pedal a packet off data much less complex than your guitars DI or IEM signal.

Last edited:
How would you connect that to the Axe Fx? I understand an Apple device is required as an interface, right?

The Blueboard foot controller cannot be connected to an AxeFX. I'm just offering it as proof the technology exists for a wireless foot controller.

The Blueboard foot controller cannot be connected to an AxeFX. I'm just offering it as proof the technology exists for a wireless foot controller.
Exactly. It is not rocket science. A Bluetooth or Wifi module could be easily added to my Arduino DIY foot controller (see my signature). My controller can be powered with batteries. The cost of these wireless modules is around $2. Add another module at the receiver with Arduino Nano and MIDI in/out, and voila! You have your wireless foot controller for much less than a hundred bucks

Last edited:
Hi Ping,
And 2 hours into a gig, the batteries run out, and the user goes back to a predictable power source.
Thanks
Pauly

Exactly. It is not rocket science. A Bluetooth or Wifi module could be easily added to my Arduino DIY foot controller (see my signature). My controller can be powered with batteries. The cost of these wireless modules is around $2. Add another module at the receiver with Arduino Nano and MIDI in/out, and voila!

Not exactly for the AF3, but something I've wondered. I have 2 belt packs, (1) for my guitar & (1) for my in-ears. Something I think lots of us do live. (remember live performances?) I'm surprised someone has not mad a unit that does both. Maybe too much of a niche market I supposed. And dammit, I was promised flying cars by 2020 as well. :p

Not exactly for the AF3, but something I've wondered. I have 2 belt packs, (1) for my guitar & (1) for my in-ears. Something I think lots of us do live. (remember live performances?) I'm surprised someone has not mad a unit that does both. Maybe too much of a niche market I supposed. And dammit, I was promised flying cars by 2020 as well. :p
ask the guys at https://www.lectrosonics.com :p
Jon-Mendel-Records-the-Sound-of-Vermont-with-Lectrosonics.jpg

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/14339428/

Back
Top Bottom