It would be cool to see Fractal make a "Liquid Channel" type device, for Studio Use.

Xcdchdchjjf

Experienced
Title says it all.

Cliff could make this in his sleep. But imagine a studio production version, Liquid Channel, modeling all high end compressors, limiters, you name it.

Why not.

Do you have a LiquidChannel?

I do.

I'd be interested in it too, but I think that plug-ins have made the hardware version obsolete. Vendors don't have to deal with 'feel' or 'xformer match' kinda things.

You can buy my LiquidChannel if you like!

I have seen one for sale on my Midwestern Craigslist, thats how I found out about it. It was selling for $700.

I thinki ts mono only though right?

All fractal has to do is use one of their pre made chasis and then write the new software.

Not saying thats easy, but for them.... should be!

Something like this has been a very popular request of late.
To make a whole new Fractal product which models all studio compressors limiters preamps and other high end studio production ephemera, non fx? Have you seen the Focusrite Liquid Channel? Basically.... just make that. If thats whats been a request, thatd be great! But I mean a whole new product, not a new "fx block" or feature. Unless.. THATS do able..

Do you have a LiquidChannel?

I do.

I'd be interested in it too, but I think that plug-ins have made the hardware version obsolete. Vendors don't have to deal with 'feel' or 'xformer match' kinda things.

You can buy my LiquidChannel if you like!
How much.

To make a whole new Fractal product which models all studio compressors limiters preamps and other high end studio production ephemera, non fx? Have you seen the Focusrite Liquid Channel? Basically.... just make that. If thats whats been a request, thatd be great! But I mean a whole new product, not a new "fx block" or feature. Unless.. THATS do able..

Not sure on the whole new piece of hardware request, but I have seen a few threads on "modeling" and then including
in the Fractal units some of those world renowned comps and mic pres.

I have seen one for sale on my Midwestern Craigslist, thats how I found out about it. It was selling for $700.

I thinki ts mono only though right?

All fractal has to do is use one of their pre made chasis and then write the new software.

Not saying thats easy, but for them.... should be!
The software is the hard part. That's really not an easy task. It would actually be similar to re-building the first fractal from scratch but with a better handle on the math.

I do get why you think it would be a great idea, especially if you're as enamored with your Fractal as I still am with mine. But...there are a lot of models/emulations of just about every famous piece of studio gear.

I think there's a couple of approaches here. A company like UAD really has done exceptional work modeling specific classic analog audio devices.... it's their entire business model for the most part. Helix pretty much does the same thing in that most (if not all) of the amps and pedals are specific models of analog pieces. After a while though, it makes it really hard for the user to be locked into the constraints of each device in the analog world. Then there's a company like FAB which has completely different tools and visuals for achieving the same effect.

To me, what fractal has done is strike a good balance between giving us analog models, coming up with their own (FAS) and giving us tools of virtual engineering and configuration not easily done in the physical world.

To compressors, there's basically 4 types: FET, Optical, Variable MU, and VCA. Most of those if not all are already represented in the compressor block as it stands.... they just doesn't have the same cache as saying a Distressor, Neve, LA2 or API for example. Not sure an entirely new unit is necessary, but perhaps in the evolution of Fractal products, new parameters could be introduced.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Personally I would love this !
I have two liquid mixes and they sound awesome
I also just recently started running mixes from my Daw through the compression in FM3 and love the results, better than my plugin compression

How is this FM3 Discussion? :)

My 2-bits: There are SO many more guitar players than studio producers. Not sure the market size justifies the effort, but sure I bet they could make a cool product.

How is this FM3 Discussion? :)

My 2-bits: There are SO many more guitar players than studio producers. Not sure the market size justifies the effort, but sure I bet they could make a cool product.
The only part of this forum I go to is FM3. I think the idea is just use the fm3 chasis for this Liquid Channel thing, but then they would proably just use their rack style if they even made some kind of production bent studio tool.

All you guys have to do is get a couple stand alone mic pres and you can have 2 channels. You can even add them to your existing interface if it has a spdif in.

My Audio interface crapped out the other day. So now I'm 'limping' using my Axe-3 as an interface.

I'm pretty floored at how much better everything sounds coming out of my computer.

If FAS made a interface with Axe stuff and 'liquid channel' stuff I'd be first in line.

And to OP, sorry if I was snarky. I do think the fat x-formers in the Liquid-Channel are nice, but again... plugins today are really nicer than the Liquid as far as flexibility. Get a good analog pre instead.

Back
Top Bottom