• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

It was good!

USMC_Trev

Fractal Fanatic
Ok we’re closing out the day so for those that need it:

1 - Today is pi day 3/14
2 - the square root of -1 is i
3 - 2 to the 3rd is 8. Ate.
4 - The greek letter sigma means sum (some).
5 - pi.

I ate some pie.

At my alma mater Pi Day is a thing. Pies courtesy of the STEM departments. Non-quant Business pukes can take a walk.

BTW the ISO 8601 Standard date format is YYYY-MM-DD. Today is 2021-03-14.

Last edited:

Dr. Dipwad

Experienced
And, since @USMC_Trev was translating for everyone, my contribution was in reference to the 1984 movie Revenge of the Nerds, in which actress Julie Montgomery portrays sorority girl "Betty Childs," a member of the Pi-Delta-Pi sorority.

Stan and Betty.jpg

@lyricbread clearly got the reference, since he quoted the reaction of another character, Betty's frat-boy significant-other "Stan Gable" (see above photo), reacting to the photo of Betty in the pie-plate: "That's my Pi...!"

So, dude, just like me, you've dated yourself. ;)

Top Bottom