It Never Fails

Someone (not me) should do a tally of the total equipment value in the axe, just for the sake of us knowing how much we really have in our $2500 boxes.

Eleventy bajillion dollars sounds about right. Multiply that by umpteen thousands for convenience, repeatability, portability and low maintenance. Add in killer support, carry the one... Dammit! My calculator went into overflow. I don't know what that number would be.

Someone (not me) should do a tally of the total equipment value in the axe, just for the sake of us knowing how much we really have in our $2500 boxes.

This would be interesting to see. But someone else do the research (who hath more time than moi...)

Back to the subject.

It would be nice to get some samples of what this SOUNDS like. Tech specs and articles are great, but without sound comparison, the significance of this is probably lost on most...

R

Same thing as an active eq but without active elements.
No transistors , tubes, och op amps just caps resistors and maybe inductors.
Probably less bands, but maybe not.
Could sound better or worse depending on your taste.

I have no idea what a passive EQ does. Someone care to explain?

After reading up on the passive eq, I was thinking that I would be willing to pay an annual subscription fee to some enterprising expert to put out detailed video tutorials on these new capabilities. As someone who has a more-than-full-time-job and plays in a weekend band, I struggle to keep up on all of these concepts and gear. Not sure how many other weekend warriors are out there who feel the same. Think "Truefire for Axe". Just a thought.

I believe you
Can't wait ?
Will this be on the global eq , eq - block , or the amp-eq ?

+1 good question!

I generally don't use much EQ (blocks or global), just the amp-block's tone controls and occasionally the graphic right in the amp block.

What I really want is a Fractal mic preamp / channel-strip. A new box I can plug mics into and sound all Neve \ Midas \ Pulltec \ Manley etc.

Someone add the man an extra prompt screen: 'Are you sure you haven´t forgot something?', when he presses that FW release button!

The results are pretty surprising. The curves aren't that different from the standard filters but the tonal aspects are definitely more appealing to me.

With the risk of not understanding the answer (if you´re replying): is it just in some finer details that differs from the 'standard' filters, or is it something else (too)?

Oh... and just a friendly reminder until any time you are ready: Formant Pitch Shifting.

Right after I release a firmware I always realize something I wanted to add and forgot about. I had been working on passive EQ (which sounds massive, wink, wink) and forgot to add it to the firmware release. Oh well, next week.

eh-hem...Well, don't look now, but........it's next week.

+1 good question!

I generally don't use much EQ (blocks or global), just the amp-block's tone controls and occasionally the graphic right in the amp block.

What I really want is a Fractal mic preamp / channel-strip. A new box I can plug mics into and sound all Neve \ Midas \ Pulltec \ Manley etc.

I'd love it, if there were XLR inputs with phantom power switches. Ultimate utility home recording solution for me.

Now that would be awesome. I have the sustainiac system on one of my guitars and even though it's mostly novel, there are a few leads that I use it on. And it does give that Phil Collin tone to your guitar when it's activated, even when playing rhythm. If it ever would come to the axe, I sure hope it would also have the 3 modes associated with it. Would be a unique stomp box effect to add to the arsenal, that's for sure.

I too have the Sustaniac on one of my guitars, but not on my main Strat. Having that capability (with all the modes) built into the Axe would be huge!

Back
Top Bottom