It Never Fails

Thanks Stratoblaster.

One of the most important advantages of this approach is that gain is only introduced when the EQ settings demand it: there is no overall gain involved all the time, as there is in the buffered equaliser design mentioned earlier. That makes the design less noisy and improves the headroom margin.

This makes me think of a passive eq as a compressor compared to an active eq?

I'm curious about the mechanics of it as well. Does this mean that the signal is basically not eq'd at all until some particular frequency hits a particular threshold, at which time it will not exceed that threshold?

The Waves V-EQ plugs are like that.... very musical.

V-EQ4 Vintage Equalizer Plugin | Waves

At first when you see the frequencies are limited (as they are in the Neve EQ) to only a few choices, it seems like a fully parametric would be better. But the frequency choices really are very easy and musical to use.

This definitely happens to me. Difference being that my boss basically tells me to get bent when I say "hold the presses" or "hey, I found a way to add more time and resources into a project that is already done."

You must have a really cool boss. :)

Now that would be awesome. I have the sustainiac system on one of my guitars and even though it's mostly novel, there are a few leads that I use it on. And it does give that Phil Collin tone to your guitar when it's activated, even when playing rhythm. If it ever would come to the axe, I sure hope it would also have the 3 modes associated with it. Would be a unique stomp box effect to add to the arsenal, that's for sure.
hopefully a....

...sustainer, like what the Jackson PC-1 does, but the Axe does it just as well or better! Yeah!

A guy can hope :mrgreen

Right after I release a firmware I always realize something I wanted to add and forgot about. I had been working on passive EQ (which sounds massive, wink, wink) and forgot to add it to the firmware release. Oh well, next week.

sticky notes, man. not just for sticking funny messages on peoples backs

I'm curious about the mechanics of it as well. Does this mean that the signal is basically not eq'd at all until some particular frequency hits a particular threshold, at which time it will not exceed that threshold?

That's a Multiband Compressor, isn't it..?
thinking.gif

Am intrigued to know the difference

Thanks Stratoblaster.

There is no compression involved. What it is saying is that the signal is lowered than brought back up by the buffer. So a flat you would actually have a cut. The maximum boost you would get is no boost if the buffer was removed.

in other words there really isn't a boost, but cut to 0 boost.

Back
Top Bottom