It Might Get Loud - now on Netflix

I like Jack White - but not necessarily as a guitarist. I like what he has going on as an artist - it's unique, and he pretty much just does his own thing and is interesting to me. But if I sit down to play, I don't ever play a Jack White riff lol Good show though!

Brilliant documentary this! I'm not a huge White fan (mostly due to the fact I don't know his stuff) but I thought he had an interesting view on making music out of a plank of wood with a wire and nail versus a decent guitar. Personally I prefer a decent guitar......

I did enjoy seeing the size of the Edge's pedalboard pre-AxeFX days! :confused:

Already watched a couple years ago but I think I'll give it a look again. Not a White fan but the movie is very nice.

It was interesting to see Page and Edge. Never thought White played a single note worth hearing.
Same... not sure why they even chose him? So many other guitarist can play circles around that guy and would've been better choices.

He used to have his "handlers" come in a local mom and pop guitar shop to buy stuff while he would stand outside. o_O

~ss

I think they didn't want the 3 top virtuosos they could find. They wanted 3 guys w/ very different styles and approaches, and who are all very well known (gotta boost sales, you know... if it had Tosin, Guthrie, and Jake Cinninger, for example, almost nobody would care ;-(

I'm a huge Page and Edge fan, and really don't care much about Jack or the White Stripes. Probably can only name one song he does... but I really enjoyed his parts in the film too.

Why not Bonomassa, Eric Johnson or John Mayer or an 80's/90's Guy? All better players and better choices.

Regardless I really enjoyed The Edge and Page. I just forwarded it thru the JW parts.

~ss

Same... not sure why they even chose him? So many other guitarist can play circles around that guy and would've been better choices.

Probably because he's the closest well known guitar player of this day and age. And sadly that has got little to do with his chops and skills and everything to do with the decline of the guitar in today's popular music.

Probably because he's the closest well known guitar player of this day and age. And sadly that has got little to do with his chops and skills and everything to do with the decline of the guitar in today's popular music.
I can see how that would happen and agree with that.

~ss

There's quite a few parts of the documentary, that didn't make the cut, on YouTube. Like this one;

When the shot pans out you can see that Edge's rig is MASSIVE compared to Page and White. Probably more gear then Page and White combined. It never ceases to amuse me of the irony that a guy who has such a simple playing style has such a complicated rig. :D

I like the raw talent Jack White has. Don't personally care for most of his stuff but it's easy to see he's got something that many musicians are lacking.

Exactly. He's got personality and writes great songs. I care about songs a great deal more than I care about technique.

BTW, every cover band here in The Netherlands plays Seven Nations Army ...

Back
Top Bottom