It has begun

you have to hold the letters A X E F X T W O on your keyboard while clicking the add to cart link, now try that!

Again, you're all missing one very important detail. The units which are ready have been sold sure, dont sound so surprised. But the " that's it ? " attitude seems strange given that from here on in units will constantly be being made. Why shouldnt Cliff be happy something he busted his a$$ on creating has sold out in record time ? Must be a great feeling and if nothing else will motivate him and his crew to keep a steady flow of units coming. This product has made a huge ripple in the pond and given people can read the forum without registering the real number of people after one will never be known. If it was 50-500 units, selling out in 90 seconds ( the time it takes to punch in a CC number ) doesnt sound so surprising. I remember way back when the Nintendo Wii was sold out everywhere and you couldnt get one for all the money in the world - I couldnt even guess the size, manpower and daily unit count from such a huge firm but the point is the same. ANY product that is wanted will be in huge demand and the reality is the units will sell like hot cakes until the firms can keep up with demand. Name me 1 firm that can keep up with a worldwide demand without running out stock sometime. Be real people. There's a hell of a lot of guitarists out there ;)
All the best to those who got there orders in. Looking forward to seeing and hearing even more clips of what the Axe II can do !

cliff just wrote in on the gear page that more units will be released tomorrow, thursday, and so on. he said fractal can only produce a certain amount of units each day

I hope these are the ones that Cliff built over the weekend and that the other ones aren't ready yet. This lottery method is BS anyways. I think that Fractal should take care of their artists then set aside and offer some of the stock to their early customers in addition to the standard online method.

Here's the quote, for anyone looking it specifically:

Each day we put some in the store as we can only process so many orders per day (obviously). More will be added tomorrow, and the next day, etc.

So rather than getting all indignant, take a chill pill and play your guitar.

So, it sounds like we can chill out for today. And then furiously refresh the Yahoo store tomorrow! :)

People are failing to realize the size of the company + the size of the demand. Its a boutique company handmaking all their products while literally the whole WORLD is waiting for these items. Cliff continues to bring us handmade, US MADE products because he believes in the quality and integrity of his product while also running a business.

With that being said, I think Cliff was kidding. I really do, but would it surprise me if he wasn't? No - because I understand that you have people in the world buying SEVERAL, maybe even a Dozen units, to resell ontop of the thousands of people waiting to buy a single unit for personal use. Didn't we learn from the Ultra and Standard kids?

Noooo. They should take care of the recording studio first. That's where they'll get used all day and then get on the radio.

cliff just wrote in on the gear page that more units will be released tomorrow, thursday, and so on. he said fractal can only produce a certain amount of units each day

I don't understand why Cliff chooses to make an announcement/provide info on another board and all we get here is a "sold out..., LOL".

Total seconds in a day: 86,400
# of seconds Axe II actually available to order: 90
% of time Axe II actually available to order: 0.1%

Odds of actually being able to order one: sqrt( -1 )

Good luck to ANYBODY not refreshing their browser every second of the day. You know, like to those of us with actual jobs or functioning colons...
You need to allow for the time it takes to enter shipping and payment info. Probably only people who got in during the first few seconds managed to complete the transaction before they were all gone.

This about sums it up (except for a handful of you)

empty-shopping-cart-retail-slump.jpg

Raise your hand if you can relate.

:lol

Those with their hands in the air you're just a little bit... sad. That's probably the nicest way I could put it.

I got a kick out of the guy that didn't care for Cliff's "joke" and threatened to take away a sale. Really the way people have acted over release dates, that initial unit that went out over the weekend, and now the shopping cart... the bar has really been lowered.

If you think you can do better then you design a product that is the same or better than the various incarnations of the Axe, start a company, market and produce it and show us all how you are any better.

Instead of crying because you have been fed your bottle yet put yourself in Cliff's shoes for a moment. Get some perspective and then maybe temper your comments/criticisms.

Last edited:
People are failing to realize the size of the company + the size of the demand. Its a boutique company handmaking all their products while literally the whole WORLD is waiting for these items. Cliff continues to bring us handmade, US MADE products because he believes in the quality and integrity of his product while also running a business.

That's not the nature of the complaints at all.

While the thought of having to constantly refresh the Yahoo store for the next couple weeks is not especially pleasant, looking on the bright side for a moment…

Assuming Cliff did indeed place a big order and he has a large quantity of units that are ready or near-ready for sale, it means only the lucky few will be able to order them, say, this week, since they're just going to trickle out day to day.

But as more and more get ordered by those lucky folks who happen to refresh at the right time, the number of folks who were planning on buying one as soon as it's released will diminish. As that happens, the Axe's will sell out less and less quickly, day to day, until eventually most of the folks who wanted one right away will be able to buy one.

Assuming there are enough for most of us (which I think is a fair assumption, given what Cliff has told us) I would guess that by the end of the month or so, most of us who are diligently checking the Yahoo store will be able to order one.

If you think you can do better then you design a product that is the same or better than the various incarnations of the Axe, start a company, market and produce it and show us all how you are any better.

Instead of crying because you have been fed your bottle yet put yourself in Cliff's shoes for a moment. Get some perspective and then maybe temper your comments/criticisms.

There is nothing wrong with holding a company to its own standards. Heck the June 6th thing hasn't even been changed on the shopping cart. People are relying on this information and making decisions on what they are told. They are told to sign up for an email notification list that doesn't get used and instead have to spend their whole day clicking on shopping cart links if they want one? Not even a message in the forum that there are a few available? How is that unfair criticism?

Assuming there are enough for most of us (which I think is a fair assumption, given what Cliff has told us) I would guess that by the end of the month or so, most of us who are diligently checking the Yahoo store will be able to order one.

I wouldn't make any assumptions at this point, it has only led to let downs. Until we hear the official word (if there will be one), we can't know what to accurately expect and THAT is the nature of the frustration.

My understanding is that all the units that were available to ship today sold out immediately. The next chance to place an order will be when more inventory is posted tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom