It has begun

I'm pretty sure everyone of you, like me, sign up to receive a message from Fractal audio when shipping begins. Now, how many of you receive this confirmation? Nobody! The man is having fun because, just like me, he can't believe the Beatlemania kind of euphoria caused by the launching of the Axe 2!! I think history books a thousand year from now will talk about this! Cliff already deserves his place to the Rock and roll all of fame, truly!!

Total seconds in a day: 86,400
# of seconds Axe II actually available to order: 90
% of time Axe II actually available to order: 0.1%

Odds of actually being able to order one: sqrt( -1 )

Good luck to ANYBODY not refreshing their browser every second of the day. You know, like to those of us with actual jobs or functioning colons...

I guess Tuesday is the new Saturday.

Exactly, i mean who the heck besides Cliff knows how many sold out today. I mean, geez, no reason to get pissed. It's only tuesday!!! I still can't understand how folks can get this upset at Fractal for providing such an amazing piece of equipment that its tough to geth there hands on it. Very overly priveleged attitudes come across.

Me, yes i'm bummed i missed out on this first burst. Had it in my cart, and couldn't type fast enough, haha. Guess what, it'll be there waiting for me at some other time ready to be purchased and for me to like it. Until then, i will continue checking the site, doing my job (hopefully well enough, ha) and playing guitar. When I get it, i'll be stoked, i don't get the anger really.

edit: and the forum was on edge again, the like button is gone again, haha, too much action!!, never mind, it is back, it wasn't there about 2 minutes ago.

Last edited:
CMON, is it available or not, Ive been checking all am and since midnight eastern last night, is this a joke?

im sure the people that bought them are willing to attest to buying it -- make a poll with two answers -- did you buy it or did you fail to buy it. take the amount of people that say they bought it then go by those numbers as a loose benchmark.

im sure the people that bought them are willing to attest to buying it -- make a poll with two answers -- did you buy it or did you fail to buy it. take the amount of people that say they bought it then go by those numbers as a loose benchmark.

Well, from the people who have replied to this thread, it looks like less than 5 people were able to buy one. So either there are a lot of folks who just lurk here and don't post, who happened to be refreshing at the right time (which is certainly a distinct possibility) and there were substantially more than 5 units sold, or it was a very, very small number that was put up for sale.

I find it hard to believe that the people who are so hardcore as to be continually refreshing their browser and happening to refresh at the right time would not be people who post in this forum at least from time to time. And I'm guessing most of them would have chimed into this thread already if they had been able to purchase one. That leads me to believe that a very small number (perhaps 5) units were sold. And that leads me to believe that this was just a test, or that there are plenty more that will soon be available for sale.

Mabye it's a "test" in production? Open up the shopping for a very short time frame to make sure all of the yahoo store options and such are working as expected, make sure you are able to fill any orders that come in and then shut it down until the real number of units are prepped?
If not, this sucks... I do want one and have the cash, but I'm not going to refresh my browser day and night, that's retarded...
<hold on>
Damn, cart still empty LOL. :(

We have to consider how many people are watching the yahoo store and are not apart of the forum. There might be some computer program out there that will immediately inform you when the axe becomes available. I checked the yahoo store, posted a new thread about how bad GAS is eating me up, then reluctantly went back to work. Just my luck the post was RIGHT BEFORE CLIFF OPENED THE GATES. MAN! Talk about bad luck.

Cliff can you at least tell us if we should continue watching the store this week for a latter week release or give it a break? Seriously... peace of mind... please!

If it's a few a day, that's fine by me.

Unlike many, I did NOT sell my Ultra because I knew the demand for the II would be so high and I need something to use while I wait for the II.

As long as I'm not late to the game this time like I was with the Ultra, I'll be happy.

Not silly at all. A business lives off it's cash flow. If I could only produce 10 units a day I would put them up for sale daily. After 10 days 100 units would be sold. Same exact number as stacking them for 10 days and selling 100 on day 10. Only difference would be my business would have a steady cash flow during those 10 days.

I placed a large order and will be placing a very large follow-on order if sales go the way we are expecting.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii/36120-axe-fx-ii-shipping-date-2.html#post492002

So the wait begins. Chasis + whatever else needs to be manufactured, and then all the time it takes to put them together, test etc. And then an email notification list you can sign up for but doesn't get used when the unit gets released.

Well my fault for selling the Ultra. Should have been smarter based on Fractal's history of product delays.

Back
Top Bottom