It has begun

Over at TGP - The Gear Page - View Single Post - When is Axe-FX II shipping?

Unfortunately it's not that simple. If we accept an order we pay a commission to the credit card processor, the internet gateway, the store, etc. If we can't fulfill the orders then we lose all that money.

I'm sorry you're aggravated but, trust me, this is the safest solution. There will be plenty of units.

All you have to do is let your customers know the process in advance, that's all. Manage expectations, communicate the process clearly, update your official pages, send out the emails to the people on the waiting list explaining the process. That is all I am asking. I am not asking Fractal to hire 1,000 elves to help them put together Axe 2s. I am not asking they buy every manufacturing plant in Guangzhou China. Just clear communication BEFORE THE FACT (not after the complaints start rolling in and a select few get the orders) so everyone understands the process clearly and everyone is on the same playing field.

Is that indignant whining? If so, I guess I run a business on a different planet because that is what my customers expect of me and it is not unreasonable.

Ironically, today I wasn't sitting there trying to add to the cart. I have a day off and, since I just sold my Ultra, I was busy trying to piece together my best temporary inferior gig rig, using the best of my inferior pedals that are still lying around. Lol.

Tomorrow I'll be in the office not doing any work until that sucker is ordered... Or sold out again. Ha! Sorry boss..

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii/37521-how-things-work-shipping-etc.html

All he had to do is post that earlier to manage expectations. How hard is that? Instead we are all called a bunch of indignant whiners for not wanting to continually click the Yahoo store button all day. We're just such unrealistic, self-entitled douchebags, all of us! ;)

Cliff once again showing his apalling lack of customer relations skills. This is a disgusting way to talk to potential customers regardless.

Cheers,
Steve

I can understand why he is getting upset. Imagine 100's if not 1000's of people bombarding you daily all with the same question. After a few weeks of that I would be getting pissed off too.

If everyone is asking the same question, you answer it before you're dealing with fallout. It's not rocket science, it's business management.

Rellllllllllllllllax guys!! You are freaking me out!! It's not like Cliff is the only tech out there screwing screw one by one with his srewdriver. Hello, Fractal is a well establish buisness now, with employes and machine you know, they know one thing or two about production I think, I'm pretty sure by now, there is a big storage room full of Axe 2 ready to be shipped. There will be one of all of you!!

I saw a school bus being loaded with small children, each with a screwdriver. The sign in the back window said "Fractal Or Bust".

So i didn't land one today, tomorrow's another day. Simple as that..... Crying on a forum isn't going to get me the ii any faster. I was home sick with a fever today and total missed out. That's life. Gratz to those that were able to order, hopefully i'll join you guys tomorrow.

I don't know what the volume was today, but if that it is what it is going to be on a daily basis I know I got like zero shot at one any time in the near future. Based on the remarks about there being plenty I would have figured the volume would have been higher.

Man I checked every couple minutes and as I walked into a meeting saw it.
Pinged my wife, she got in there and got the same as the rest of you.

Talk about going from pumped to down in 30 seconds flat.

This forum is way better than a soap opera and they should base a tv show based on someone who develops a product that the whole world feels like they must have and have it now. A business owner whom talks like shit to their customers because they can since they know there is no other alternative and gets to play puppetmaster with them. Customers that act like the world is ending if they can't touch the product immediately and will follow blindly over the cliffs of hell to get to it. Where is the Hollywood producer to take this on, I'll watch.

This forum is way better than a soap opera and they should base a tv show based on someone who develops a product that the whole world feels like they must have and have it now. A business owner whom talks like shit to their customers because they can since they know there is no other alternative and gets to play puppetmaster with them. Customers that act like the world is ending if they can't touch the product immediately and will follow blindly over the cliffs of hell to get to it. Where is the Hollywood producer to take this on, I'll watch.

ive been quietly watching/waiting since the countdown. its like watching a scientific experiment on human behaviour :shock

images

Watch? You're in it!

My understanding is that all the units that were available to ship today sold out immediately. The next chance to place an order will be when more inventory is posted tomorrow. Cliff, is that correct? Would you please give us an idea of how many units you plan to ship a day? Is it ten or a hundred?

What precisely would you do with that number? It doesn't matter - either you get one or you don't - the fact that 10 or 100 other people beat you to it seems irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom