It has begun

I wouldn't make any assumptions at this point, it has only led to let downs. Until we hear the official word (if there will be one), we can't know what to accurately expect and THAT is the nature of the frustration.

But we kind of did hear official word, didn't we (though, granted, it was made on TGP)? Cliff says he's releasing a few each day. So there'll be more tomorrow, and presumably, more the next day, etc.

The reason why Cliff is putting valid info on another forum is because this forum twists his language like a politician with a bad attitude who just got busted for selling dope to minors and wants to drag every unfortunate soul near them to hell with him.

AZG over at the gear page sums up the kind of frustration I think a lot of people are feeling:

Wow, I have to say FAS has some pretty bad business practices. First the countdown to nothing. Now a customer mad scramble to try and hit their storefront the few seconds a day when it actually has product in it. And they wonder why people get angry and frustrated with them? Why they don't instead have a sign up list that give people a somewhat realistic idea of when they will get one is beyond me. I guess they are REALLY lucky they have something that people REALLY want. If someone else ever builds a better mouse trap (its only a matter of time) FAS will be hurting IMHO.

The Gear Page - View Single Post - When is Axe-FX II shipping?

The reason why Cliff is putting valid info on another forum is because this forum twists his language like a politician with a bad attitude who just got busted for selling dope to minors and wants to drag every unfortunate soul near them to hell with him.

I don't think you're qualified to speak on Fractal's behalf.

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if someone somewhat shady, knowing demand would be so high, had some sort of bot or something on the Yahoo store, waiting for product to show up (is that even possible...?), and when it did, bought like 10 from 5 different accounts. Thus, causing the units to sell out especially quickly. This shady someone then puts them up on ebay for a nice mark-up. Possible?

I'm guessing at a certain point (if someone tried to buy 50 or something) Fractal wouldn't allow the order to go through, but maybe several orders of 10 or something would squeak through?

There is nothing wrong with holding a company to its own standards. Heck the June 6th thing hasn't even been changed on the shopping cart. People are relying on this information and making decisions on what they are told. They are told to sign up for an email notification list that doesn't get used and instead have to spend their whole day clicking on shopping cart links if they want one? Not even a message in the forum that there are a few available? How is that unfair criticism?

What is the value added activity for Cliff. Taking time to send e-mails and update websites? Or perhaps assembling the components that he's purchased into a finished good and then getting it shipped and out the door? An activity by the way that generates revenue for Cliff.

Like I said put yourself in his shoes for a moment. And what would you choose to do?

Saying your are holding a company to their standards is just your way of justifying your diaper rash. Fractal has set the bar high. Are they perfect? No. But compared to other boutique manufactures they are at the top of the heap.

Its amazing the degree of cluelessness that has engulfed the forum since the announcement. A lot of it from people of low post counts and high entitlement.

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if someone somewhat shady, knowing demand would be so high, had some sort of bot or something on the Yahoo store, waiting for product to show up (is that even possible...?), and when it did, bought like 10 from 5 different accounts. Thus, causing the units to sell out especially quickly. This shady someone then puts them up on ebay for a nice mark-up. Possible?

I'm guessing at a certain point (if someone tried to buy 50 or something) Fractal wouldn't allow the order to go through, but maybe several orders of 10 or something would squeak through?

I was actually wondering the same thing. Granted it's none of my business, but I'm curious how many actually went on sale today and if today's offering will be the typical number released going forward.

lulz.bmp

Please stop moaning and complaining, let Cliff and his crew do their thing their own way.

I live in Europe , hopefully I'll get mine this before christmas.
It doesn't bother me at all, I can wait ....(still have my Ultra)

Per

yeah,i think a "Wait List" is better than refreshing the yahoo store every few seconds hoping u'll get lucky and get one. it's stupid,IMO.

Cliff just spoke to that too on that same TGP thread:

Exactly, it's too dangerous to accept money up front. If something were to happen and we couldn't fulfill the orders then it would be a disaster.

Makes sense, really. Can't really blame him. I really think the guy is doing the best he can with a tough situation.

Don't worry guys Cliff has more! He can only do so many each day and I know for a fact it is not 100 a day I have been to his shop. He runs a boutique shop not Apple he is making them as fast as he physically can. Like he says there will be more tomorrow and the next day and so on.

Think this is bad?

Wait till the first IIs show up on eBay while folks are still wrestling with the Yahoo...

If there are those who are that loaded and pathetic that they feel compelled to buy one off ebay at a 50% mark-up or more rather than wait, let 'em.

Cliff just spoke to that too on that same TGP thread:

Makes sense, really. Can't really blame him. I really think the guy is doing the best he can with a tough situation.

well,they don't need to take the money,just let the person know when their name is up on the list if they still wanna buy it,like what they did w/ the MFC101 coupon.

Back
Top Bottom