It’s the Day after Tomorrow in the Midwest

Hopefully no one has had to gut their tauntaun yet in order to survive the night.

Good luck to you all stuck in that misery. Even given what my tacky NorCal abode costs me every month, still wouldn't trade it for that kind of cold! I don't know how you put up with it.

Hopefully no one has had to gut their tauntaun yet in order to survive the night.

It may come to that heh...

There has been a severe cold weather warning here since last Sunday (and we had one for a few days last week too). Was -30C or so during the last three days and it never really warmed much past that during the day.

Today was 'really something' though...it was -27C this morning, never warmed up much past that, but now combined with strong wind gusts all day. -45C with the wind chill is something no-one should have to put up with heh. Truly nasty.

Temperatures won't 'warm' until Friday morning (where it'll be -14C/day, -20C/night)...heh -14C during the day will feel 'tropical' for us up here.

Coldest I've ever felt was -52C on the thermometer here a couple of years ago. That's another level of cold...scary even.

Stay warm my friends...:cool:

Last edited:
Today was 'really something' though...it was -27C this morning, never warmed up much past that, but now combined with strong wind gusts all day. -45C with the wind chill is something no-one should have to put up with heh. Truly nasty.

That's about what it was all day here too, except we use the F. -15F with a wind chill between -40F and -50F. We're going to start seeing some relief tomorrow afternoon, I think. And then Sunday and Monday will be over 40F. So yes, a 60 degree difference in 4 days. Even though we had a foot of snow last Monday, next Monday is going to rain. Love it. We're just going to knock out Winter and Spring this week and move right on into Fall, because next week Thursday will be back down do 12F.

So yes, a 60 degree difference in 4 days.

Yea the huge changes in temperature in the winter is bizarre indeed; I note that a lot up here. We've already had several large fluctuations like that (-25C/-13F to just above freezing) since December, as well as two major snow dumps. Freaky to have snow melting, water running down the drain pipes...then it rains....and overnight the thermometer drops by 25C/45F (in other words, a lot heh) freezing everything solid and covering (more like entombing) the 'whole ball of wax' completely in ice.

Weird...very weird.

Reactions: Fro
To add insult to injury, last night we received notification from Consumers Energy to lower our thermostats. It seems there was a fire at the (natural gas) pumping station and we're running on underground reserve tanks. They're threatening temporary localized shutoffs if anything else goes wrong with their system. Nice.

To add insult to injury, last night we received notification from Consumers Energy to lower our thermostats. It seems there was a fire at the (natural gas) pumping station and we're running on underground reserve tanks. They're threatening temporary localized shutoffs if anything else goes wrong with their system. Nice.
Ouch.

I heard about that this morning. What is it with MI utilities? Shitty infrastructure?

The best way to deal with this kind of weather is to move to Australia. Anything under 20 degrees Celsius (68F or just under a whopping 300K) is considered "a bit chilly" here.

Anyway, I'll stop bragging and go ride my vegemite powered kangaroo to the pub for breakfast.

The best way to deal with this kind of weather is to move to Australia. Anything under 20 degrees Celsius (68F or just under a whopping 300K) is considered "a bit chilly" here.

Anyway, I'll stop bragging and go ride my vegemite powered kangaroo to the pub for breakfast.
Did Bangers and Mash make the cultural transition from England to Australia?

You actually feed vegemite to your roos ? I thought it was an Aussie delicacy that was reserved for only human consumption ? :D:D:D

;)

Yeah, but isn't it true that every bug in Australia consumes 3 humans per day?

Back
Top Bottom