It’s the Day after Tomorrow in the Midwest

Southeast Michigan here. A balmy -8 actual temp. No complaints though. Like someone said elsewhere, we need a really cold spell to kill off many of the pesky insects. And, it's actually warm in my office at work. So no big deal here. I am, however, mindful that some have lost their furnace at this time and don't have the money to replace it. I heard they were trying to help someone in that state on the radio this morning. Count your blessings if you're warm this morning!

579693.jpg

View attachment 52190
We are usually pretty blasé about winter weather here in Chicagoland ....but this is something else..already
45below wind chills in the western burbs.......hows it by you??
Wow! I'm roughly at the same latitude and slightly higher altitude and here it rarely goes a few °C below 0.
Probably we have to thank Mediterranean Sea and Gulf Stream.

View attachment 52190
We are usually pretty blasé about winter weather here in Chicagoland ....but this is something else..already
45below wind chills in the western burbs.......hows it by you??

That’s pretty brutal. I was in the west loop (Jefferson and Adams) before Osama made us go to Texas. Has the city done anything for the homeless that live by the steam vents on lower wacker? The other place I called home for many years (Melbourne Australia ) is experiencing record highs (47c)... seems there might be some truth to the gulf stream slowing down. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom