It’s been a while: Back to Fractal land

DTS

Experienced
I had my first Fractal unit (AFX II MK2) in 2013. It was my dream unit and something I had dreamed and safed my money forever.

Somewhere in 2017 I sold my AFXII and bought Fractal AX8. Loved the formfactor!

In 2018 I switched to Helix LT to see if I was missing something after using only Fractal gear so long. Well, Helix had a very nice userinterface, but I prefered Fractal amp modeling and effects more. So I went back to using Fractal AX8. I tried Kemper as well, but that didn’t last too long and I had my AX8 all that time anyway.

When FM3 got announced I sold my AX8 and thought I’d get my FM3 in 2-3 months after that. Well, we all know how the FM3 release went and I decided to try other platforms again while waiting.

I had almost two years time to use other platforms (Helix and Kemper) and was pretty happy how they worked. HX Stomp actually end up beeing my favorite and I was close to let FM3 go after all this time.

Now, I finally got the Fractal FM3 and have had it for two days... Let me tell you this. I thought, that I wouldn’t have any mind blowing experiences with it, because Neural DSP, Kemper and Helix have their modeling/profiling platforms pretty high level as well. But boy was I wrong! I had Beta FW4 and the new factory presets loaded in to the FM3 and when I started to play I was mind blown. Everything sounded just amazing! I admid: I didn’t know I missed fractal amp modeling this much!

It is good to be back!

I had my first Fractal unit (AFX II MK2) in 2013. It was my dream unit and something I had dreamed and safed my money forever.

Somewhere in 2017 I sold my AFXII and bought Fractal AX8. Loved the formfactor!

In 2018 I switched to Helix LT to see if I was missing something after using only Fractal gear so long. Well, Helix had a very nice userinterface, but I prefered Fractal amp modeling and effects more. So I went back to using Fractal AX8. I tried Kemper as well, but that didn’t last too long and I had my AX8 all that time anyway.

When FM3 got announced I sold my AX8 and thought I’d get my FM3 in 2-3 months after that. Well, we all know how the FM3 release went and I decided to try other platforms again while waiting.

I had almost two years time to use other platforms (Helix and Kemper) and was pretty happy how they worked. HX Stomp actually end up beeing my favorite and I was close to let FM3 go after all this time.

Now, I finally got the Fractal FM3 and have had it for two days... Let me tell you this. I thought, that I wouldn’t have any mind blowing experiences with it, because Neural DSP, Kemper and Helix have their modeling/profiling platforms pretty high level as well. But boy was I wrong! I had Beta FW4 and the new factory presets loaded in to the FM3 and when I started to play I was mind blown. Everything sounded just amazing! I admid: I didn’t know I missed fractal amp modeling this much!

It is good to be back!
The prodigal son returns! ;) I LOVE reading posts such as this! As someone completely new to modelling gear, I'm SO glad I went with Fractal (Axe Fx III Mk II, Dec. 2020) instead of, well, anything else I was considering, since I, unlike guys like you, had nothing to compare it with. I just relied on my research.

I try everything. I have a QC arriving tomorrow. I don’t think my FM3 will be going anywhere. I plan to keep both.

Reactions: DTS
Glad you are happy with your return to FAS gear, and that you’re digging the sounds. Cliff went on a tear while you were gone and re-did just about everything! Good time to come back.

Post something up about the QC after the honeymoon, want to hear your take? Welcome back Drop the sun
Not MikeyG but I had the QC and sold it
i put it next to the FM3 and while its core tones were decent , there are a lot of areas they need to work on
the core sounds were actually pretty good though but i think they needed another 6 months to bake
Cygnus made the choice easy

Its good to be home in FAS ecosystem, there's no denying it the FM3 is best floor processor available,

Reactions: DTS
Back
Top Bottom