Issues using FC-6 with FM-3

NeroSlide

Hi everyone, I just purchased an FM-3 and FC-6 controller. No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get the bottom 3 switches on the FC-6 to stop mirroring the switches on the FM-3. I accidentally cleared the stock layouts when trying to figure it out, so I can’t use that as a reference. Maybe there’s a setting that I’m missing. Has anyone else encountered this? I’d appreciate any help!

Thanks

Last edited:
You can set up your FC-6 to mirror the FM3:
  1. Hit HOME
  2. Go to SETUP (press knob E)
  3. Select FC Controllers/Onboard Switches
  4. Go to row 2 (FC #1)
  5. Use knob E to select FM3 for the MIRROR FC setting.

I think this is what you're looking to accomplish.

Also, if you are so inclined you can reload the stock layouts from the Reset page in FC Controllers/Onboard Switches.

You can set up your FC-6 to mirror the FM3:
  1. Hit HOME
  2. Go to SETUP (press knob E)
  3. Select FC Controllers/Onboard Switches
  4. Go to row 2 (FC #1)
  5. Use knob E to select FM3 for the MIRROR FC setting.

I think this is what you're looking to accomplish.

Thanks for the help! I somehow had a typo in my OP. I meant that it was mirroring it and I wanted it to stop, but I think I’ll be able to go into the settings like you described and set it to get the result I’m looking for. Sounds like it’s probably already set the way that you described and I can change it to not do that. I appreciate you responding!

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue. It shows that the fc-6 is not set to mirror the FM3, yet it still does. Whether I edit it with fm3edit or on the unit itself, I’m met with the same result.

Hi everyone, I just purchased an FM-3 and FC-6 controller. No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get the bottom 3 switches on the FC-6 to stop mirroring the switches on the FM-3. I accidentally cleared the stock layouts when trying to figure it out, so I can’t use that as a reference. Maybe there’s a setting that I’m missing. Has anyone else encountered this? I’d appreciate any help!

Thanks
the FM3 and the FC6 share the same 9 Layouts. so if both are looking at Layout 1, for example, they will both show the same thing.

they aren't "mirroring" they're sharing the same assignments.

best to have the FM3 load Layout 1, for example, and have the FC6 load Layout 2, for example. you can set the default layouts they load on boot in the same menu.

the FM3 and the FC6 share the same 9 Layouts. so if both are looking at Layout 1, for example, they will both show the same thing.

they aren't "mirroring" they're sharing the same assignments.

best to have the FM3 load Layout 1, for example, and have the FC6 load Layout 2, for example. you can set the default layouts they load on boot in the same menu.
I see, thanks for the help! Problem solved!

Back
Top Bottom