Issues updating MCF-101 to current firmware. (stuck right now)

nateb

Inspired
MFC Old firmware :: 0.14
OS/System :: Windows 7-64 SP1
Midi update methods :: Axe-Edit(Latest) -> Axe-FX II // MidiOX -> Sapphire pro40 -> MFC

When I got the MFC-101 it was sitting at the old firmware. I attempted to update it through the Axe-FX II using the steps mentioned on the Wiki. This was unsuccessful. It started with an Error 14 before even hitting transmit. After a Reset of the MCF, I started getting error 6's on each transfer.

After using axe-edit medthod and giving up, I attemped to use MidiOX through a sapphire pro 40 and I got the 'Percent complete %0' on the MFC but it always stayed at 0% throughout the whole transfer. After finally giving up when midiOX was complete and the MFC-101 was still sitting at 0%, I finally reset the MFC and I just get error 14 during the powerup. So, it is kinda bricked right now but, I know that people have gotten past this point. So, I am not freaking out or anything =). I know that midi transfers are pretty old school and hard to get working properly.

Now, I have been reading and someone started talked about reducing parameters within MidiOX. Could someone provide some steps here? Or if it is better to use another freeware midi program, let me know which one. I do have access to a mac (10.6.8 and 10.7) also and I can go out and buy a midi sport and give that a shot. I would really like to get past this point and start using the MFC and Expression pedals.

Appreciate all your help,

-Nate

Hey the same thing was happening to me using midiox with a midisport 2x2. I found this in another thread.

Note on MIDI utilities: many MIDI utilities need to be configured to work "slowly" in order to perform a successful upgrade. For example, in MIDI-OX set Low Level I/O Buffers to 256 or 128 (size) and 16 (number), Milliseconds Between Buffers to 60 ms, and make sure the Delay after F7 setting is ticked. Use View > Sysex to bring up the Sysex view window, then go to Sysex > Configure to configure the buffers. Also verify that the options MIDI FIlter and Pass Sysex are ticked.

Also when sending the sysex to the MFC try hitting Send/Recieve Sysex, instead of just Send Sysex.

Doing all this worked for me.

This worked for me! I never found the milliseconds setting but, just the low level i/o buffer settings seemed to make everything work out =)

Thank you,

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom