Issues sending audio from PC to Axe FX

mmkay

Hi guys, I'm having some issues with sending audio via USB from PC to the unit in order to play along to a metronome/tracks. What I don't understand is that everything was working fine for weeks, and I have made no notable changes to the entire system since then.

The PC recognizes the Axe as an output device, and I can select it, but when I try to play anything through it, my PC literally will not play the track. It's not that the sound won't travel. I can select a song from my music folder and open it in the default windows music player, but it will act as if it's buffering the song even though it is downloaded to the HDD. This goes on indefinitely. My PC also won't play Youtube videos, despite my internet connection being sufficient to buffer the video.

The only solution I've come up with, and it's a temporary one, is to use the Windows troubleshooter to restart the audio service for the PC. After doing so, the issue is briefly solved. But it returns, sometimes as soon as I pause a track and attempt to play it again.

This is a Windows 10 machine and I'm plugged in to the onboard USB ports attached to the motherboard. As I said earlier, this set up worked like a charm just a week ago and I have no clue as to why it won't work now. I have tried rebooting the computer and reinstalling the driver for the unit. I'm pretty well stumped. I can play audio through any other output device just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this? If there is another way to achieve a similar result that I could maybe try, I'm all ears for that, too. Thanks!

This is an issue I have as well. No idea what started it or how to fix it, but I have a slightly better workaround for you: in the taskbar, double click the little FAS logo to open the driver panel, and change the top setting. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but you can change it from relaxed to safe, or any other one of those options.

Still not great and I hope someone can solve the problem, but this should make it a little easier.

Have you tried to reload the fractal drivers? your windows may have updated, have you tried to back up to an older windows update. If you can't play you tube at all I would really think it is an issue with the pc not the axe fx.

Have you tried to reload the fractal drivers? your windows may have updated, have you tried to back up to an older windows update. If you can't play you tube at all I would really think it is an issue with the pc not the axe fx.

I did try uninstalling all Fractal audio drivers and reinstalling to no avail. I was looking into issues with windows updates and I happened to see that Windows 11 is available on some PCs as of 2 days ago, so I installed it and it seems to have solved the issue. I was probably going to reflash windows 10 if I hadn't seen that.

This is an issue I have as well. No idea what started it or how to fix it, but I have a slightly better workaround for you: in the taskbar, double click the little FAS logo to open the driver panel, and change the top setting. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but you can change it from relaxed to safe, or any other one of those options.

Still not great and I hope someone can solve the problem, but this should make it a little easier.

That trick did not work for me. I found out yesterday that Windows 11 is available for some PCs, installed it and now it's working. Hopefully it stays that way. You may be able to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom