Issues Running FM3 into Effects Loop of Amp

Matt007

Inspired
I searched for something similar on the forum and couldn’t find this exact issue so am hoping you guys can help.

I am simply trying to run the FM3 into the effects loop of a combo amp. I have tested the effects loop with an analog pedal and it works perfectly with no noise or volume loss. Unfortunately when I try to insert the FM3 into the loop I get a noticeable loss in volume and lots of static that sounds like digital clipping and maybe that it’s overloading the amp. I don’t see any digital clipping lights on the FM3. I’m guessing I’ve set up something wrong on the FM3 but can’t figure it out.

I have my patch set up using Input 2 and Output 2 in the signal chain and using those same jacks on the back of the FM3 (the effects loop send and return). I have Output 2 volume fully clockwise for unity gain.

In the IO menu I don’t have anything boosted or padded and I have Output 2 copy set to None.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I’m sure I’ve overlooked something simple.

Thanks.

I’m at +4 output. Should have mentioned that.

Would the humbusters make this a perfect solution? I’m getting clipping but not really hum. Also the volume output is way lower with the FM3 in the loop. The effects loop is dead quiet with pedals, just not the FM3.

Do I need humbusters for the send and return cables?

Thanks.

Not the Fm3 ,but I used to run the ax8 ,send from amp into the input of ax8 ,left output to return ,but with fm3 its xlr outputs. Could be another way ,? And I ran just effects blocks only

Not the Fm3 ,but I used to run the ax8 ,send from amp into the input of ax8 ,left output to return ,but with fm3 its xlr outputs. Could be another way ,? And I ran just effects blocks only

This completely fixed it. Thanks @EdgE . Now wonder if I can run 4CM this way. Will save that for another day...

Strange that it didn’t work through the traditional loop process from the manual, but that’s fine.

This completely fixed it. Thanks @EdgE . Now wonder if I can run 4CM this way. Will save that for another day...

Strange that it didn’t work through the traditional loop process from the manual, but that’s fine.
Hey there, I'm trying to do the same thing and are facing the same problem as yours. What's your solution to this?

Glad you got it solved but I can’t tell what you actually did? Basically setup 4CM?

I do seem to remember some amps get weird if you don’t have anything connected to their input.

Send from amp to input of fm3 ,left out of fm3 ( xlr to 1/4) in to amp return , and just run effects . That’s basically what I said a year ago. The way I took it .,The op just wanted to run the fm3 thought his effect loop for the effects ,no amp or speakers. It worked for him 😀. I was saying how I did it when I had the ax8 .

Back
Top Bottom