Issue with new AX8 and Marshall JVM410, Please Help !

Studiocat13

Hey Guys,

New to the group and new to the AX8 which I am loving BTW ! With that said I am replacing an older Line 6 M13 with the AX8 and in additon to using the unit in my studio and I still want to use it with my live rig like I originally used the Line 6 M13. I have connected the unit with the 4 Cable Method and have everything working pretty well but have noticed that the level coming out of the AX8 and feeding the front end of the JVM seems very week and I am losing tone/gain. If I plug in directly to the amp with the same cabling all is well again. with the same exact configuration I did not have this issue with the M13 so I now I have a gain structure or impedance issue through the AX8 but need some help figuring out exactly where I should either boost this signal within the AX8 or add another device (buffer or clean boost pedal) in order to correct this issue and regain full signal and tone. Any help and or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Try to turn Out 2 to max.
Thanks but I did that and still have the same result. I tired cranking the gain up on the compressor I have at the start of the effects chain and it helps but the tone isn't the same at all. Does the Output 2 have another level setting within the unit other than the knob ?

i have same set up, marhall jvm and axc8 4cm, out 1 and 2 on max, on levels)i/o set ou1 nominal level to 4 db and in 2 to 4 db, on jvm , 100 % wet and -10db button pressed, have you tried this?

i have same set up, marhall jvm and axc8 4cm, out 1 and 2 on max, on levels)i/o set ou1 nominal level to 4 db and in 2 to 4 db, on jvm , 100 % wet and -10db button pressed, have you tried this?
Thanks Gui, I am assuming that the "i/o set ou1 nominal level to 4 db and in 2 to 4 db" levels are set up inside the unit ? If so I have not tried that yet but will certainly do that this eveing and let you know. I do have the effects loop set up as described. Please advise on the level setting you suggested and thanks so much !

Brad

Thanks Gui, I am assuming that the "i/o set ou1 nominal level to 4 db and in 2 to 4 db" levels are set up inside the unit ?

YES IT IS
PRESS SHIFT AND STORE AND 2,
If so I have not tried that yet but will certainly do that this eveing and let you know. I do have the effects loop set up as described. Please advise on the level setting you suggested and thanks so much !

Brad

Back
Top Bottom