Issue with Drive knob on unit

Hi, I bought the AX8 on 9/7/18. Love this unit! I don't know if it's always done this or if it's a new issue, but I was trying to adjust the Drive value using the knob on the front of the unit and it doesn't work. It will stutter, as if it tries to change the value, but doesn't. No extension pedals plugged in or anything that would cause problems. This happens with all presets. It will change it a slight amount, and keep it or revert back to the preset value. The other knobs work just fine. I was originally using FW10, upgraded to 10.01 and then tried to back it down to 10 to see if the problem would correct itself, but that didn't. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I'd really like to be able to use this as it's a really big deal in live situations for me. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I bought the AX8 on 9/7/18. Love this unit! I don't know if it's always done this or if it's a new issue, but I was trying to adjust the Drive value using the knob on the front of the unit and it doesn't work. It will stutter, as if it tries to change the value, but doesn't. No extension pedals plugged in or anything that would cause problems. This happens with all presets. It will change it a slight amount, and keep it or revert back to the preset value. The other knobs work just fine. I was originally using FW10, upgraded to 10.01 and then tried to back it down to 10 to see if the problem would correct itself, but that didn't. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I'd really like to be able to use this as it's a really big deal in live situations for me. Thanks in advance.
You wouldn't happen to have a controller attached to the drive? Then it should do that.

hmmm, yes. I believe that I do. I went about 1 week with the stock presets. I decided to grab Moke's presets and then also Austin Buddy's naked amps. I think that I ended up loading them all into my unit, so with almost every single preset, they are scenes--clean to mean, and the naked amps too if I'm not mistaken. Later tonight when I get home, I'll try a new patch from scratch or remove the scene's. I'll look to see if a controller is attached to the drive (and I really do believe so). That might be the case here. Thank you kindly.

hmmm, yes. I believe that I do. I went about 1 week with the stock presets. I decided to grab Moke's presets and then also Austin Buddy's naked amps. I think that I ended up loading them all into my unit, so with almost every single preset, they are scenes--clean to mean, and the naked amps too if I'm not mistaken. Later tonight when I get home, I'll try a new patch from scratch or remove the scene's. I'll look to see if a controller is attached to the drive (and I really do believe so). That might be the case here. Thank you kindly.
He's talking specifically about a modifier on that parameter. It has nothing to do with scenes.

I almost asked the same question, but you said:

This happens with all presets

Check a factory preset and see if the same problem occurs.

ok.. found the problem wasn't a problem after all. good to know. It was a modifier. I found that scene1 was the source of the modifier in the amp block on tons of patches that I use daily. I appreciate the assistance. You guys are awesome! A new patch is fine. I wish that I had more time to tweak, but I just do not. Grabbed patches by these guys already built -- ready to rock. One weekend, or two, I'll dive in as I'd really like to learn about how patches were created and which values were used and why.. No time on my hands at the moment. Thank you! I totally and truly appreciate your guidance and expertise. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom