Issue with Delay block when importing FM3 presets

orion32773

Experienced
There was a post in one of the facebook groups with an issue with a preset on the FM9 that was imported from the FM3. The user mentioned grainy sounds on the presets, so I had him send it over to look at. The delay block seems to have issues getting corrupted on import. It produces a grainy washed out sound. Hard to describe. I do remember having a similar issue on my presets last week. My workaround was to save the delay block from a working preset to the library and then apply that to the FM9 delay block. This may not work in all instances though. Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but curious if any of you have seen this and have a better fix for it. I tried to compare and see what had changed but I couldn't visually see anything but it's possible I missed a parameter that changed.

Seems like a bug. Can you post the FM3 preset that produces the bad delay block on import into the FM9?
will do....I was looking for a bug thread here but haven't seen that created yet. The preset is a paid worship tutorials preset so I may have to find another one to send. I can send it privately to you if you'd like

will do....I was looking for a bug thread here but haven't seen that created yet. The preset is a paid worship tutorials preset so I may have to find another one to send. I can send it privately to you if you'd like
You can DM it to me if it's a paid preset.

Curious as to which WT preset that is. I have almost all the non-song-specific ones and I haven’t noticed any issues porting them to the FM9.

I might have found a similar issue: tried importing the Flock of Seagulls preset from the Axe-Fx III Preset Exchange and the delay block seemed way off....until I moved Master Time from 25% to 100%. [Couldn't provide a link but it's post #4 in that thread.]

I might have found a similar issue: tried importing the Flock of Seagulls preset from the Axe-Fx III Preset Exchange and the delay block seemed way off....until I moved Master Time from 25% to 100%. [Couldn't provide a link but it's post #4 in that thread.]
I’ve had that issues as well. They are looking into the issue. I’m sure if its a bug they will resolve it soon. personally I don’t buy too many presets and my delays are simple so I just redo them if I have a problem but there are times this isn’t easy to do.

I've noticed the 25% master time issue as well. It REALY confused me for a bit, ha. FWIW - I imported one of our Axe-FX III presets to get started building FM9 versions of our presets. I haven't tried importing one of the FM3 presets yet.

I am re-building all the presets we have for Axe-FX III (and FM3) on FM9 with tweaks made to take advantage of the available DSP and custom layouts. I'm almost done with the main presets and I'll be moving on to song presets next.

If anyone has FM3 or Axe3 presets from us, I'm happy to send you the FM9 versions for free. No need to purchase the same preset twice :). Just send an email to support@worshiptutorials.com and I'll take care of you.

Also - we don't have a 'Be Enthroned' preset, so maybe it was a different one? Either way, I was getting the same error. One more thing I've noticed is that any with amp that has a cut control, the cut resets to '0' when I import or pull in a block from the block library.

Brian, I’m guessing maybe he took one of your existing presets and used it as a template for be enthroned. I just ended up helping him and thought I’d put the word out to fractal on the issue so we can get this one squashed.

Brian, I’m guessing maybe he took one of your existing presets and used it as a template for be enthroned. I just ended up helping him and thought I’d put the word out to fractal on the issue so we can get this one squashed.
It was the 1987x Plexi - Great preset BTW. The ones that were affected the worse are the ones that I had modified. I bought the preset, then modified it to the my liking and the proper delay BPM and saved it as a preset. That was way worse and grainy, as opposed to the raw, unmodified preset. FYI

Last edited:
I also noticed on my fm9 the fremen drones preset had issues with the synth block….sounded like it was stuttering. If I didn’t know what it was supposed to sound like I probably would not think anything of it. I ended up doing the same thing where I saved the block from the axe fx 3 preset and applied it to the FM9 preset. Scene 4 was also not switching the pitch to B so I had to set that to channel D. I haven’t gone through many other factory presets so I don’t know if there are others like this.

There was a post in one of the facebook groups with an issue with a preset on the FM9 that was imported from the FM3. The user mentioned grainy sounds on the presets, so I had him send it over to look at. The delay block seems to have issues getting corrupted on import. It produces a grainy washed out sound. Hard to describe. I do remember having a similar issue on my presets last week. My workaround was to save the delay block from a working preset to the library and then apply that to the FM9 delay block. This may not work in all instances though. Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but curious if any of you have seen this and have a better fix for it. I tried to compare and see what had changed but I couldn't visually see anything but it's possible I missed a parameter that changed.
I just had the same issue. Imported some presets from the FM3 to FM9 and the delay block on those presets are almost nonexistent even though the effect is running

I fixed (and tweaked a little, for the best) the Fremen's mini Drones preset, which is indeed corrupted, here it is. Matt will add it to the next version of the stock presets

Attachments

• Fremen's Mini Drones.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Yes - it doesn't matter whether you import/convert (via Preset manager for example) from FM3 or the III into the FM9, the Master Time parameter on Delay blocks will go to 25% from the normal 100% default, and you have to set it to 100% for your delay to work right again.

Another tip. Don't try to import pitch blocks from the III into the FM9. They will reset to default if you do. Instead, use an FM3 preset with the pitch block. Wherever you can, import/convert from an FM3 preset version into the FM9.

Just loaded my FM3 patch to my 9 and that delay parameter was messed up. I pulled up my 3 for a side by side and that parameters was not there at all (I am not on latest Fw). I bet that is the issue

I fixed (and tweaked a little, for the best) the Fremen's mini Drones preset, which is indeed corrupted, here it is. Matt will add it to the next version of the stock presets
Thanks, will try this! The stock one may still be corrupted as I had issues running it on 5.01 (crashed latest version of FM3-Edit). CPU use was flashing Warning as well.

Back
Top Bottom