Issue w Axe-FX III (Fizzy)

Hi ... New to the Axe Fx (purchased in October). I updated the firmware last weekend and have gone from cannot get a bad sound, to a super fizzy cannot get a good tone. I am positive that this is a self inflicted issue, but no idea what I did. No change to monitors or any connection to the Axe, same for cables. The unit doesn't ever move physically ... it lives on my desk.

I reset system parameters (then shut down for 5+ seconds) and have reloaded all factory presets. It improved, but still nowhere near what is sounded like pre-firmware update.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and again, I acknowledge that I likely did something to cause this.

verify that cab modeling is enabled in the Global menu and that the Cab block is active in the preset.

Hi ... New to the Axe Fx (purchased in October). I updated the firmware last weekend and have gone from cannot get a bad sound, to a super fizzy cannot get a good tone. I am positive that this is a self inflicted issue, but no idea what I did. No change to monitors or any connection to the Axe, same for cables. The unit doesn't ever move physically ... it lives on my desk.

I reset system parameters (then shut down for 5+ seconds) and have reloaded all factory presets. It improved, but still nowhere near what is sounded like pre-firmware update.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and again, I acknowledge that I likely did something to cause this.
Can you attach a sound clip or preset? Fizzy could be cabs are turned off.

They sound fizzy. I have been really happy with the presets ... since the unit is so new, I have even started building my own. I'll try that today and see if it sounds any better.
Ok, that's weird. Did you change anything? What are you hearing your Axe Fx through?

In addition to the others’ advice, you’ll want to make sure you aren’t overdrive-ing the inputs of your monitors. Does it sound different through headphones?

p.s. I see it’s being attributed to an update, in which case I’d do a restore to verify. You made a backup, right? Good luck.

In addition to the others’ advice, you’ll want to make sure you aren’t overdrive-ing the inputs of your monitors. Does it sound different through headphones?

p.s. I see it’s being attributed to an update, in which case I’d do a restore to verify. You made a backup, right? Good luck.
Check your input signal as well. You should just barely “tickle the red.”

Check your input signal as well. You should just barely “tickle the red” when strumming hard.

I assume you checked Power Amp modeling is also enabled?

Try rolling back to previous firmware and see if you still have the same issue or not.

Do you use an expression pedal? Sometimes a disconnected pedal triggers the Wah block to be on and fully engaged... Or you accidentally left it in the on position.

Back
Top Bottom