Issue since update help...

Keith White

Experienced
I installed the Beta 19.2 firmware and it works fine. But last night at rehearsal is the first time I hooked the MFC up since the update. Now all of a sudden the MFC is not recognizing my EXT 3 pedal. It recognizes 1 2 and 4 just fine. I even went to recalibrate 3 but it wont calibrate as if it doesnt recognize its there. I have troubleshot every possible way. Swapped the expression pedals around, swapped cables, I have two faslink adapters so I ran new ethernet cables and a new xlr cable, I even disconnected the faslinks and ran a long ethernet cable only.

Now I would think that the MFC should be able to calibrate the expression pedal without the AXE FX 2 having any effect but this is weird this happened when I uodated the firmware. Any ideas?

It *IS* a beta firmware, if you've unplugged it and plugged it back in and/or restarted the unit(s) and it still occurs, then perhaps this is a bug

I have three expression pedals set up (all Mission EP-1s). Using Axe FX XL, MFC Mk I (on FW 3.06). I updated the Axe to FW 19 beta 2 just a couple days ago. Just went through my presets to see if I was having an issue with the 3rd (as well as the first & second), all are performing flawlessly, no re-calibration necessary.

I think the OP may have a problem with his MFC, rather than the beta FW of the Axe. I had a switch go bad on one of my MFCs a year ago, didn't know it until I was at a fest and it didn't work. Could be a bad input.

Fwiw

I'm using 1, 2, 3 on mine with the latest beta and it works flawless
didn't have to mess with it at all ..

wish you luck to find the problem ..

after testing everything I have determined that the problem is the ext jack 3. Has anyone tried to replace the jack on these? Is it difficult?

Back
Top Bottom