Fixed Issue importing 3rd party IRs?

kywabunga

Inspired
Hey all!

Tried to import some IR's I'm a fan of, and it seems they all have some superfluous silence at the start of them. I deleted the cabs and tried re-importing them with both the "Auto-Trim" and then "Min Phase" settings ticked in the settings, but they still refuse to play nice with the stock cabs. Anyone have any advice they can lend?

Hey all!

Tried to import some IR's I'm a fan of, and it seems they all have some superfluous silence at the start of them. I deleted the cabs and tried re-importing them with both the "Auto-Trim" and then "Min Phase" settings ticked in the settings, but they still refuse to play nice with the stock cabs. Anyone have any advice they can lend?

Did you try aligning them with the stock cabs?

33F01144-D4F3-4BA0-A650-C69BBF489105.jpeg

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cab_block#Align

Last edited:
Yep. My IRs look like a reversed stock cab (lots of silence and the the waveform on the right). There is not enough adjustment in the distance parameter to allow me to line them up, and I'm trying to find out how to remove the silence at the start.

Please send me one of the .wav files in a DM and I will test the cab import feature to make sure it is working correctly. Min-phase should remove all the leading silence.

Hey all!

Fixed for next release.

As a temporary work-around the Cabinet block can be used to import IR files. It does not exhibit the Manage Cab bug described in the OP.

To use the Cab block importer:
1) Set the desired format in the Settings / Preferences dialog under "Cabinet Import".
2) Click on the CAB block and select a USER or SCRATCHPAD bank and a location.
3) Drag and drop the IR file onto the name field in the desired IR slot. The name field will display a dotted line around it when the file is over it.
4) Once dropped the cab IR will import directly to the device. Use the front-panel Cabinet / Align tab to monitor the results or switch to the editor's Align tab.

1594232071601.png

Back
Top Bottom