ISSUE during change between delays

silk

Inspired
I remember someone talked about this, but I can't find it... sorry.
My FX8 started to make crazy changes between different scenes with different delays, i.e.:

PATCH: DLY 2 (X&Y) - DLY 1 (X&Y) - REV
SCENE 6: dly2 x (digital mono) - rev
SCENE 7: dly2 Y (mono tape) - rev

the change between these scenes has 2 problems:
1. when I go from 6 to 7 the tail changes drastically tune and speed and then,
2. when I come back to scene 6 I can still hear the tail from scene 6 before the change! (it's like a memory of what I did before first change)
I hope I explained myself...

This is a little embarassing, mostly just before your epic (...) solo :)

What I have to do?

This usually happens when there are too much differences between the settings of the 2 delays. For example if you want different delay levels it's better to change the input drive and set the mix at the same value. Anyway if you post all the parameters I could be more helpful

I've tried with same DLYs and different settings and it works...
so is a bug: at page 18 manual I read "...To go from “a touch of reverb” on rhythms to “spacious” during a solo, use X/Y!"... they don't mention these problems ;-)

Hello,

1) you need to change the bypass setting to "Mute Fx In" so you don't hear old delay trails when you go back to Scene 6. In fact, I have requested that Delay and Reverb default to Mute FX In in a future firmware update. I can't see when you would need any other setting for them.

2) X/Y switching is the same as physically taking a pedal off your board and putting another one down. So when you go from one delay type to another, there is no spill over or crossfade. It will jump to the different tempos/pitch/tones immediately..

This is how X/Y switching is able to save so much CPU.

Hello,

1) you need to change the bypass setting to "Mute Fx In" so you don't hear old delay trails when you go back to Scene 6. In fact, I have requested that Delay and Reverb default to Mute FX In in a future firmware update. I can't see when you would need any other setting for them.

2) X/Y switching is the same as physically taking a pedal off your board and putting another one down. So when you go from one delay type to another, there is no spill over or crossfade. It will jump to the different tempos/pitch/tones immediately..

This is how X/Y switching is able to save so much CPU.

Hi FullReverse, thank you.
1) The bypass is already in "mute fx in": it was the only setting to save spillover...
2) The problem is even when I change fro dly x1 and dlyx2 (or dly y1 and dly y2)

It's clearly a bug: the only way to have changes on the tails should be to change setting on the delay I'm using. If I had physically two delays in my pedal board in parallel mode (which I'm using), I would not have any kind of interference between them.

If delay 1 is after delay 2, then delay 1 will still be echoing tails of delay2x even though you've switched to delay2y. Is it possible you are hearing this? Maybe try disabling delay 1 and see if the problem persists. Or mute fx out might be worth checking out. Another work around.. Maybe try using a single "dual delay" block instead of two separate blocks.

I've had several occasions where I was certain there was a bug but it turned out to be user error. Not saying this is the case but it is most likely.

That's strange because I also got those tails for things that I had previously done. Like they were in a loop only silenced. It went away when I changed to Mute Fx In and turned the decay down a bit. But without seeing your settings, there is not much anyone can do.

Back
Top Bottom