ISP Technologies Vector FS8 - just bought

Bushy

Inspired
I've always wanted to get a higher end amp, even for practice or whatnot and I was glad I bought the FS8 at a good price (15% off). My practice amp was a Peavey Rage 258. Both amps are 8" speakers. The difference between the two is very clear. I'm getting ready to trade in the Peavey Rage 258 for something else. This is the first time I've ever owned a high end amp. Maybe it's time for me to get a high end guitar as well to go with it. LOL. I've never owned a guitar costing more than $300.

My original plan was to look for an FRFR guitar amp. I was still thinking if the FS8 was the one but first ended up with a pair of refurbished Electro-Voice ZLX-12P, which is good and I am going to be using these for vocals and FOH purposes instead, or as an FRFR too, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do my setup. Here's what I'm trying to figure out regarding what's written in the manual of the FS8:

"The Vector FS8 has 2 separate inputs so the players can feed the speaker simulated output to one input and mix a second monitor signal from FOH eliminating the need for a second stage monitor speaker."

I'm trying to figure out exactly what they mean; So I can plug my BOSS SY-300 guitar synthesizer to one input and for the second input, I can plug the FOH speakers (Electro-Voice ZLX-12P) into the other input. Is that about right?

I like the 40 degree tilt angle of the FS8 as well. Now, the sound is directed at my ears not at my knees. LOL.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do my setup. Here's what I'm trying to figure out regarding what's written in the manual of the FS8:

"The Vector FS8 has 2 separate inputs so the players can feed the speaker simulated output to one input and mix a second monitor signal from FOH eliminating the need for a second stage monitor speaker."

I'm trying to figure out exactly what they mean; So I can plug my BOSS SY-300 guitar synthesizer to one input and for the second input, I can plug the FOH speakers (Electro-Voice ZLX-12P) into the other input. Is that about right?
It's been 2 weeks since your original post... you have the unit, why don't you just try it out?

at low volume (since I live in an apartment for now), I think it does have good low end compared to my Peavey Rage 258 guitar amp. I shall try it out cranked up at my brother's place soon. I think the small amps from Quilter was said to push air even with the 8 inch speakers they have. I think the Mach series?

Does it seem to have enough low end in it with the 8" speaker?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what they mean;

It means that there are 2 inputs on the box. One is to be used for the output of your guitar system, AX8, Axe FX II or III or your Roland guitar synth.
The other input can be used for anything you want. They suggest that the Sound man sends you a monitor mix so you can hear the rest of the band through your speaker.

Not sure if you ever used a "boost" pedal (ex: Whirlwind's "The Bomb"), to drive a tube amp? I'm not familiar with its usage and was wondering if it can do wonders for the ISP Technologies Vector FS8. Does it boost low end or just drive volume louder?

Does it seem to have enough low end in it with the 8" speaker?

I see. The first part I get, the second part not so sure. Say, the FOH speakers are a pair of Electro-Voice ZLX12P, do I run its outs (using a mixer to sum stereo into mono?), into the OTHER input of the Vector FS8? Would the Vector FS8 be facing me, the band, and the stage, so that it functions like a stage monitor for the band then?

It means that there are 2 inputs on the box. One is to be used for the output of your guitar system, AX8, Axe FX II or III or your Roland guitar synth.
The other input can be used for anything you want. They suggest that the Sound man sends you a monitor mix so you can hear the rest of the band through your speaker.

I see. The first part I get, the second part not so sure. Say, the FOH speakers are a pair of Electro-Voice ZLX12P, do I run its outs (using a mixer to sum stereo into mono?), into the OTHER input of the Vector FS8? Would the Vector FS8 be facing me, the band, and the stage, so that it functions like a stage monitor for the band then?
In front, behind, whatever you choose.

Normally in a gig, there is some kind of monitoring going on. The FOH engineer or the Monitor Engineer (if there is one) can send you the mix you want.
You would then plug that into Input 2. The engineer can then provide whatever mix you want -albeit without guitar.
You then send your output to the FS8 input one and mix to taste.
If you don’t have any monitors at your shows then you can send a complete house mix from your PA but you run the -almost certain - risk of phase issues between you guitar signal going direct in one input and your guitar coming out of the mix.

Back
Top Bottom