ISP Pro + Axe Ultra..

virgil

Experienced
Hello,
I need an advice :
Trough the years I had a lot of guitar amps,effects,cabs..
I sell and bought Axe Ultra.
(I can tell you I`m happy ,very happy with it...)
The only item I kept it`s ISP PRO DECIMATOR stereo...
I wonder..?
It` s ok to set this up in my
AXE Ultra+ ART SLA 2+ SENHEISER Wireless + Furman Power Conditioner + 2 cabs ( 2x12 Laboga with V30 Celestions) ?
( a set up- connection-routing advice will be much appreciate )
Thank you !

Most people find the Axe's noise gate to be all they need. If you prefer the ISP, I don't see any problem. Just turn off the noise gate on the Axe.

I would try it in the effects loop but try a couple different positions in the chain. Namely first, right after the amp, or last. Maybe a different one for each patch would be best suited. But I have no experience with such high quality noise gates.

I sold my Decimator ProRack-G and never regretted it once. The ultra has not only the intial gate that sits on the input but you can add more gates in the effects chain as well e.g. after amp or noisy effect (not that there are any in the AxeFX). I use only the one on the input and have had no problems whatsoever with noise, sometimes I don't use it at all.

Spence

xpenno said:
I sold my Decimator ProRack-G and never regretted it once. The ultra has not only the intial gate that sits on the input but you can add more gates in the effects chain as well e.g. after amp or noisy effect (not that there are any in the AxeFX). I use only the one on the input and have had no problems whatsoever with noise, sometimes I don't use it at all.

Spence
Ok..what are your settings for hi gain amps,please?

virgil said:
Ok..what are your settings for hi gain amps,please?

I don't usually venture too far from the defaults I would say on an average high gain patch I would say my settings were as follows

Threshold ~ -69db (might be higher or lower depending on the patch)
Ratio = 4.09
Release = 100ms
Attack = 10ms

Hope this helps but it's going to depend on your setup, input levels, guitar and many other factors. Do you find you have a problem with noise?

Spence

Back
Top Bottom