Isolated Guitar Tracks. Your favourite + Source?

H13

Inspired
Hey all

Youtube is great at finding isolated guitar tracks. It often surprises me how different a guitar sounds by itself compared to a mix. Especially metal guitars! They usually end up sounding so small!

I find Isolated tracks are really helpful for getting a tone to "sit" correctly in a mix. With that in mind, what have been your favourite isolated guitar tracks?

(Note: I would post some of my own, but I haven't made 10 posts yet so I can't post a URL!)

I got hundreds from the rips from Guitar Hero games (which, from 3 onwards, use the original stems). I can't tell you how to find them, or even if they're still available (I would guess they are), as they're not really legal... But they're fantastic.

Only issue is the rips aren't at a very high bitrate, but it's rarely an issue.

For metal, the tried and true classic for many of us was the opening to Constant Motion and Damage Control by Dream Theater.
Petroochie-woochie knows how to get good tone.

And if you want more of a midsy sound, there's always the intro to Before I Forget by Slipknot.

If you're more of a "djenty-tones" fanboy, (like me, I'll admit) you could always resort to copping tones from youtube videos of Periphery where they're just jamming on their guitars.

@dukemcrae the stems for Rock Band and Guitar hero are often remixes.

The original outboard gear, efx, settings etc. are not kept for a lot of music.

To create the sound of the record for the gaming consoles, the tracks are remixed into stems. Often multiple guitar tracks are mixed down together into a single track.

A good example is "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake. The guitar stem has (at least) 4 different guitar tracks combined into one.

Barhrecords , you are correct - still, I use these to make my own recordings of a song with me singing and playing all guitar parts.....

Jammit has got some cool bands like Dream Theater, Rush, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Boston, Megadeth, Yes... Never used it though. Looks like you have to use their proprietary interface? I wanted to use the tracks in my DAW, but I don't think you can do that. But I guess if you were just going for tone matches, then that's not a problem.

As far as the Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff, the ones I've listened to have been extremely poor quality. Like early Napster quality (128kbps MP3) and with bleed from other tracks.

The zip files are 40gigabytes each, yes, gigabytes, these are ALL the songs available with the tracks seperated - most are off Rockband or Guitar hero.
you can also download individual songs as well off the lists.

And to clarify, these are the ACTUAL studio tracks. :)

Hell even if I can't "Tone Match" there's gonna be some fascinating stuff in here.

Jammit has got some cool bands like Dream Theater, Rush, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Boston, Megadeth, Yes... Never used it though. Looks like you have to use their proprietary interface? I wanted to use the tracks in my DAW, but I don't think you can do that. But I guess if you were just going for tone matches, then that's not a problem.

As far as the Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff, the ones I've listened to have been extremely poor quality. Like early Napster quality (128kbps MP3) and with bleed from other tracks.

Whatever you play on your computer can be recorded in your daw.

Here ya go - you're welcome - 1900 Song tracks:
Link #1 -# to M
https://mega.nz/#F!v8oHCLza!SqPtonX0xbfz5eXqKFdZ6g

Link #2 N to Z
https://mega.nz/#F!fpQU1AgB!LTd7xXldeRJrsLvwUi-KIQ

The zip files are 40gigabytes each, yes, gigabytes, these are ALL the songs available with the tracks seperated - most are off Rockband or Guitar hero.
you can also download individual songs as well off the lists.

And to clarify, these are the ACTUAL studio tracks. :)

Guys, can anyone help and send me the 1st folder? It seems the first folder ( # - M ) is no longer available . . . I didnt save the folder, and would greatly appreciate having it. Thanks a ton!

Guys, can anyone help and send me the 1st folder? It seems the first folder ( # - M ) is no longer available . . . I didnt save the folder, and would greatly appreciate having it. Thanks a ton!

I no longer have the links if they don't work - I downloaded everything I could find, and I remember hearing/seeing somewhere that that first section got taken down because there was one artist in that section that disputed the claims legally.
I do have almost all the files saved though - are there any groups you were looking for? at some point I could try to re-upload them/the whole section to Mega

Did you finally get accepted to Literecords?
Guys, I've been using Literecords since about 2010 or so. Amazing place.

My experiences with Acapellas4all haven't been so great. In fact, there have been a lot of complaints from people about that place.

Literecords isn't "free" as it works on a credit-based system. You can earn credits if you have tracks that aren't posted, or who's links have died, or you can buy credits to get started, download tracks you want and "spend" credit... or fill requests to earn more. It's worth it, and their selection of stuff is the best.

Jammit has got some cool bands like Dream Theater, Rush, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Boston, Megadeth, Yes... Never used it though. Looks like you have to use their proprietary interface? I wanted to use the tracks in my DAW, but I don't think you can do that. But I guess if you were just going for tone matches, then that's not a problem..

+1 on Jammit.
WIth a little work you can find the tracks in your computer to be used in your DAW.

This is from Jammit:

Back
Top Bottom