ISO 2020 Patches

LoyalxE

Hunting around for modern/latest updated patches for Ultra users, Year 2020
I've come across some nice tones from community

Maybe im dreaming, but with my Ultra id like to get a sound similar to:

Archspire, Veil of Maya, For Today, Whitechapel, Traitors

brutal sounds, ive poked around myself to get a similar sound, but i cant get what im looking for.
my friend created an amazing tone on his ultra.
"grass is always greener on the other side"

if you take a moment to read, please share your thoughts.
im doing my best to learn, research, and google

Using an 8 string Agile > Fractal Ultra > 50w 5153

Hey there, these boxes are really all about the IR - using the right cab can totally open your tones up. I would recommend checking out the Gods Cab stuff, or find a Mesa V30 type cab that you like the sound of and make an impulse for yourself. I know the V30 sound is beat to death but if you’re just trying to start getting crazy axe fx tones it’s a good base.

Don’t be afraid to use a PEQ or GEQ if you are looking for more brightness / low end. Putting an eq before the amp will change how the gain sounds, putting an eq after the amp can help your tone sound a little more ‘studio’.

Also, that patch I sent you has two amps blended, but in general I wouldn’t recommend that kind of thing. Start with the Solo 100 / 5150 and a good V30 impulse and tweak to taste.

If you are exclusively using your axefx with the 5150 power amp into a ‘real’ cab, ignore all that IR talk and make sure your cabs are bypassed in global settings.

Hey there, these boxes are really all about the IR - using the right cab can totally open your tones up. I would recommend checking out the Gods Cab stuff, or find a Mesa V30 type cab that you like the sound of and make an impulse for yourself. I know the V30 sound is beat to death but if you’re just trying to start getting crazy axe fx tones it’s a good base.

Don’t be afraid to use a PEQ or GEQ if you are looking for more brightness / low end. Putting an eq before the amp will change how the gain sounds, putting an eq after the amp can help your tone sound a little more ‘studio’.

Also, that patch I sent you has two amps blended, but in general I wouldn’t recommend that kind of thing. Start with the Solo 100 / 5150 and a good V30 impulse and tweak to taste.

If you are exclusively using your axefx with the 5150 power amp into a ‘real’ cab, ignore all that IR talk and make sure your cabs are bypassed in global settings.

Thank you for sharing!
Im currently using 5153 as power amp.
Trying to get that live death metal/deathcore sound

Ill try again dialing in a tone in fractal
Whats your experience using fractal edit program?

When i record, im normally using fractal > Focusrite 2i2 > logic pro, then headphones. I normally keep the cabs on when i record.

Back
Top Bottom