Is Tosin Abasi using an AX8 in this video?

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
D'Addario posted an NYXL ad featuring Tosin playing his signature guitar through a Dual Rec (multi- watt maybe?) and it looks to me like he's playing through his looper and through an AX8. If it's the AX8, I'm curious if he's going to FX loop or is using the clean channel of the Mesa and is just using the AX8 for some FX. Hard to tell, but it looks like there's a cable into the Dual Rec's input. Maybe. Interesting.

I don't know about this video, but I have seen lots of live pictures with Tobin, where he is clearly using an AX8. It is difficult to tell, if he is running to an amp.

He did a clinic locally last night; I watched a brief bit livestreamed. There was a Morgan/Mesa cab and Vox/Randall cab setup behind him, but I don't know if that was just for looks. Don't know what was on the floor, but I would guess something Fractal-esque.

Tosin played at the first AxeFest. I was there and saw his presentation in the Fractal room. He was playing an AX2 mk1 into a Port City head and cab. His presentation was mind blowing. That style of music is not something I listen to often. However, Tosin's playing was powerful and commanding. He is an amazing and innovative musician. I had the opportunity to talk with him and he was a very nice person as well. I definitely recommend seeing him live, either solo or with Animals As Leaders.

Omg I am sooooo annoyed right now. Looks like Tosin was here a week ago doing a clinic at GC Phoenix and I somehow didn't catch wind of it. Ugh.

It appears to be to me. At 1:45 you can see the reflection of the AX8 Bar. I don't know of any other gear that has that.

Exactly. Other than the FX8, but there look to be knobs tonthe right of the bar which would suggest the AX8. At least that’s what I think I’m seeing.

Back
Top Bottom