Is this X and Y Switching Possible

kevrock

Experienced
Just a question if i make a preset with amp,cab ,delay ,verb,etc and save them to the x state can i quickly switch with one button press on my floor pedal
to change all the ones i want to the y state?

Can I assign one button on my gcp to say scene 2 then when I hit my preset it will take it back to 1?

If your GCP can send specific MIDI values, then you can do it as described.

If the GCP can send multiple MIDI CC messages with one switch stomp, then program a switch to send the appropriate X or Y for each block you want to change.

Or you can use the Axe's Scene Increment and Scene Decrement MIDI commands.

There's yet another way to do it, but it involves making global changes to the Axe's X/Y commands.

Lol to complicated for me. Maybe I'll just use scene1 and 8. Lol
If two scenes are all you need, that'll work fine. Otherwise, Scene Increment and Scene Decrement are pretty simple. The other two methods I mentioned are more complicated.

You can also map midi program change numbers to specific scenes as well if you don't want to dedicate footswitch buttons to scene changes.

Ground Control is not robust enough to handle scenes. I have one, and could not make scenes work beyond the aforementioned 1/8 toggle. It's because GCP can send CC messages, but not values attached to those cc's. I upgraded to an MFC for this reason. I'm impressed by the MFC. It was a solid upgrade for me and upped my capabilities quite a bit.

Either upgrade to an MFC or use scenes 1 and 8.

Awhile back I was thinking of asking Cliff to hack the Axe-Fx so 127=scene 2 (leaving all other values working the same) but honestly, just using scene 8 is easy enough, and we also shouldn't break things for those people already using scenes 1 and 8.

Under I/O, on the MIDI page, you can map any midi program change number to any preset and scene if you change the MIDI mapping option to custom. That will let you access all 8 scenes for any preset using program change messages instead of CC number values.

^ True enough. You can set up a CG Pro to have all Program changes and no IA's... but who can live without at least a few IAs?
If you use 4 PC buttons (for scenes) and the rest IA's, then how do you change actual presets? It's a catch 22 unless I am missing something.

Back
Top Bottom