Is this train on the right track?

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup? :)

I was dickin around this morning writing this riff and worked this up.
I'm just trying to get the starting point of the mix laid out.

The clip is short, The riffin is a little sloppy and loose, but they are just scratch tracks for now,,, but how does the overall mix sound? I have a few thoughts, but what do you think?

Any thoughts and critique's would be most appreciated.

I'm using a Das Metal patch for guitars, and an Svt sim for the bass, drums are Superior 2.3

MOSHON
DAVE

Sup? :)

It was sugested to me that I bring the Kicks up, and that the bass was getting a little lost, so I brought the Kicks up a few db's on the kick compressor and the bass up a couple db's also. Have a listen and see if this is better/ too loud/ not enough,,or??? etc. I have a thought about it what it is, but lets see what y'all hear first
wink.gif

SoundClick artist: MOSHWITZ - page with MP3 music downloads

MOSHON
DAVE

yeah,
id bring the kick up and find the bass again.
a riff like this sounds good if its a bit sloppy, but both guitars going at once gets a bit jarring.
IMO i would drop the volume from one side to the other during the little riffy parts. like a dueling guitar thing. unless you can get it spot on, then do both.
otherwise it sounds like an adrenaline fueled video game car chase, or a DragonBall Z style fist parade through a bad guy factory.

feels like it needs a very controlled, phrasey solo part over it in the last half.
but the guitar tone is good and meaty

I would do some things with drum tone, myself
but it sounds pretty awesome.

makes me wanna do 1000 pushups and sprint a marathon!

Back
Top Bottom