Is this the forum to post in when...

I've done that, and I've hit my head against the wall trying to get a decent tone only to find out my cable was only halfway plugged into the guitar's input jack! Feel no shame.

Just a couple of nights ago I adjusted the levels on a bunch of gig presets because the volume was too low. Got through about 15 of them before I realized my volume pedal was not all the way down. Then about 15 minutes later I found several other presets that were too loud. Turns out the expression pedal I use for clean boost was not all the way up. I'm a slow learner some nights.

I just spent 20 minutes thinking my battery was starting to go, only to notice I had the piezo partially engaged! Based on the responses, I'd say you're in the right place, or at least in good company.

This is the forum to post when you download Firmware 17.01 beta#1, you spend a while reading the posts at that thread while FractalBot is doing a backup of everything, you grab your guitar while looking at the Firmware Release Notes to test the new features, you cannot find the new FullResIR at the Lagacy Bank (and then assume that it is only for the Mark2, and wonder why they don't mention that at the release notes), you got mad trying to find the pitch shift parameter a the reverb block... you are about to start writing a message asking for help... and then you realize that you still haven't uploaded the firmware to the Axe-FX 😅

1633934650291.jpeg

Last edited:
Spent hours on getting my cc pedal calibrated and working. Every sweep was going all over the place. Turned out to be a faulty cable. There’s so much hardware that nearly got destroyed that evening….

I think its the curse of knowledge that when you know so much that can go wrong that you immediately start messing with the advanced stuff instead of checking the basics.

Same, hours of troubleshooting spent on no sound when you forgot that you put a volume block on that preset....
Just a couple of nights ago I adjusted the levels on a bunch of gig presets because the volume was too low. Got through about 15 of them before I realized my volume pedal was not all the way down. Then about 15 minutes later I found several other presets that were too loud. Turns out the expression pedal I use for clean boost was not all the way up. I'm a slow learner some nights.

Same, hours of troubleshooting spent on no sound when you forgot that you put a volume block on that preset....
In a panic, I once ditched my AFX right before a gig and switched over to the POD XT Live I had in the car as a backup. Got my Fractal rig unpacked at home and realized I'd forgotten to step on the volume pedal during sound check. I'm sometimes not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The worst is when you go crazy trying to figure out why there is no sound, only to realize your guitar is not plugged in. I would love to blame it on old age, but it has happened since I began playing.

When you spend an hour wondering tweaking amp settings because your tone sucks only to realize the Tone on the guitar is turned down. :(

You need to go and sit in the corner for that. But note, there are a lot of us in there already (I have my own special chair for being a regular). :D

EDIT: I once spent over an hour fine tuning my guitar tone on my live patches, then realised my guitar's volume knob was about halfway.

All I know is that this is the forum you write to, when you spent an hour,tearing your old MFC appart, trying to figure out why sw8 doesn't work.
Pulling out the switchboard, measuring everything.
And after that hour, you find out that there were just no rewerb on that preset, so everything works fine.....

Yes, it is years ago and I am much wiser now..... And I think you are in good hands :)

Back
Top Bottom