Is this possible?

TremoloFan

Inspired
While I twiddle my thumbs anxiously awaiting new presets....does anyone know if the following is possible either via the front panel or via Axe-Edit? Being able to return individual knobs (settings) to their default position would be a very helpful tool when dialing in tone for any type of block (effect, amp, cab, etc). I know how to return the block to the default setting globally, but then you lose all the changes, not just the specific setting you want to revert to the default position. Let me know if there is a secret I am not aware of out there. Below is a link to basically the same question that went unanswered since last December in the Axe-edit forum. Thanks.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-edit/94302-wish-double-clicking-get-back-individual-default.html

In Axe-Edit, if you double click a knob then it will return to it's default position (not your saved position).

I think that is what you are looking for, is it?

In Axe-Edit, if you double click a knob then it will return to it's default position (not your saved position).

I think that is what you are looking for, is it?
Yes, I have noticed that the dials will go to a different setting if I double click on one, but the setting it goes to is not always the default for that specific amp or effect, etc. I think I read somewhere on the forum that double clicking sends it to a "safe" or usable setting for that effect, but it doesn't go to where Cliff and team had it set for that specific effect, amp or cab, etc. So it's not returning to the true default, it goes to a setting that was chosen as usable. (I think). I did test this and observed that the knobs go to a setting that is not consistent with where they go when I do a reset for that block and recall the specific amp, effect, etc.

Aah yes, I see what you are asking for now; it would be handy for the setting to go back to that particular block's default.

Maybe this post should be in the wishlist with the other one.

Back
Top Bottom