Is this possible?

dgzieg

Inspired
Hi all, long time lurker, AFXII user. I have one preset, a variation of the Brit 800, that I use probably 75% of the time. I like the way every patch sounds better under Ares 2, except for my go-to patch. I don’t think it’s heavily modified, but haven’t been able to get it to sound the same under Ares 2. If I were to post the patch, would someone be able to tell me what I should likely change? I don’t think it’s too guitar dependent, because it sounds good with several different guitars. What do you think, sirs? (And ladies?). Thanks

Sorry I wasn’t clear. What to change to get my favorite patch to sound the same under Ares 2 as it did under Ares 1.03. It had a nice compressed, buttery edge of breakup tone that became moderately distorted with hard picking or strumming. I’m not getting the same smooth distortion I got before., on that particular patch.

Hi, I think I know the things to try, I've lowered the input gain, I've tried various master volume levels, I played with output compression, I tried saturation. None of the things I've tried have gotten me where I was on Ares 1.03. What I was wondering (is this possible, may not be) if someone looking at the way I had the amp parameters set to tell me what's likely to make the new Ares sound like the old. I can go back a version, but I like what the new firmware does on so many of the amps.
Thanks for any input.

Hi Dg,

Have you tried resetting the amp? Make a note of the settings, then select a different amp, then selct that amp again - This will put all the amp settings back to default - Then setup your gain, bass treble etc to what you noted earlier and see if that's got it.
Thanks
Pauly

Try adding some preamp dynamics, and then compensate for it with some output compression. You might also need to drop the input gain a little bit, as increasing preamp dynamics seems to increase the overall preamp gain a little.

As JokerIII said, you can increase the negative feedback to clean it up a little and tighten the distortion. It's also worth trying to mess with the variac a little.

Back
Top Bottom