Is this possible with MIDI on the Axe?

bstaley

Inspired
Due to the continued problems with hiss using the 4CM and the Axe, what I want to do is use my Axess GRX4 switcher to switch the pre fx loop portion of the Axe in and out of the path. For example, for my main patch I would go straight to my preamp and then return through the Axe's loop return. Whenever I toggle on a pre gain effect such as a phaser or overdrive pedal I want the CC message to also turn on that portion fo the Axe in the signal path.

Let's say right now I use CC#1 for Phaser and CC#2 for overdrive. Whenever I hit either of those buttons I need the Axe to output midi using only one CC#.

Is this even possible? Thanks.

If you are asking if the axe-fx can output a set CC when you turn more than one fx loop block on/off, no.

There is no mechanism for that. If your midi foot controller is capable of sending more than one message on a given IA switch, you could do it there. Or if you have a midi solutions event processor, you could have that do it for you.

That's what I was afraid of. Right now I am using a G-System as my midi controller and it is pretty limiting. Do you happen to know if the new Fractal controller will be able to do this? I am on the waiting list for it.

no one knows on the fractal. Other than the Gordious, the liquid control, the fcb1010, and I think the Fx-1 can do this. There are probably others as well.

Back
Top Bottom