Is this patch routing possible?

Alabama man

Inspired
I'd like to have a few patches dedicated to running my guitar through my Matrix GT1000 > Mesa 2x12 cab

and

a few patches for bass guitar running to the FOH / PA only (no signal to power amp and cab).

Is this possible and could someone explain or point me to a link that explains this configuration?

Thanks

Last edited:
The only page I could find that was linked from a very short write up of "FRFR plus a power amp and guitar speaker" was deleted.

Does anyone know which factory preset displays this functionality?

Do you want to have everything connected for this at the same time? It seems that way, but just making sure.

Sending a signal to end of grid = output 1

Sending a signal to FX Loop block = output 2

You'd probably want to use Out 2 to the Matrix & cab. Don't connect FX Loop block to end of grid when you want to only have sound at Out 2. Make sure Output 2 Echo = none in the I/O menu, or your bass - Out 1 presets would be sent through Out 2 as well.

Do you want to have everything connected for this at the same time? It seems that way, but just making sure.

Technically, no. I'll need to play either bass or guitar for a few songs, but with their own respective presets. If I'm on a guitar preset going into a power amp + cab, but the next song has bass, I'd want to be able to click to a new preset where the output is only feeding to the FOH, not the power amp and cab.

I do what Bakerman said.

The second to last block of my signal chain is the FX Loop. So I use output 2 with poweramp+cab.

Then the last block in my chain is the cab block which goes to output 1. This is for headphones, recording, FRFR, and going to the PA.

So, if I'm just using a preset dedicated to bass (going to FOH, no need for power amp + cab), I'd still use the FX loop block in the bass preset so that there's the designation of output 1 to FOH and output 2 for power amp and cab? Wouldn't that still send output to the power amp and cab (not what I want)?

How would I go about muting the signal to power amp and cab for bass presets where I just want to go FOH only?

Thanks

So, if I'm just using a preset dedicated to bass (going to FOH, no need for power amp + cab), I'd still use the FX loop block in the bass preset so that there's the designation of output 1 to FOH and output 2 for power amp and cab?
tailor it to your use. if you only need Out 1 (FOH), then don't add the FX Loop block, and connect your path to the OUTPUT block on the far right.

if you only need Out 2 (amp+cab), then put the FX Loop block at the end of your signal path, but NOT in the last column (as that connects automatically to Out 1).

the article was posted more as reference so you can understand why things work the way they do.

tailor it to your use. if you only need Out 1 (FOH), then don't add the FX Loop block, and connect your path to the OUTPUT block on the far right.

if you only need Out 2 (amp+cab), then put the FX Loop block at the end of your signal path, but NOT in the last column (as that connects automatically to Out 1).

the article was posted more as reference so you can understand why things work the way they do.

Awesome - I think I'm starting to understand this. Thanks for your help all

Back
Top Bottom