Is this normal?

SCROLL

New user. First time using Axe Edit. I hit the full screen button but it only fills up part of the screen, shown in pic. I can't seem to find anything in the settings. Am I missing something? I'm on a 2560x1440 monitor if it matters. Thanks!

zdfg456.PNG

New user. First time using Axe Edit. I hit the full screen button but it only fills up part of the screen, shown in pic. I can't seem to find anything in the settings. Am I missing something? I'm on a 2560x1440 monitor if it matters. Thanks!

View attachment 78291
Yes, if it was any wider, it would distort the proportions. If it was any taller, it would cut off parts of the graphics.

Yes, if it was any wider, it would distort the proportions. If it was any taller, it would cut off parts of the graphics.
Not sure I understand your logic. Program GUI's adjusting to the size of the users monitor is pretty standard these days... Are you just saying the program wasn't written to be that dynamic in that regard?

Not sure I understand your logic. Program GUI's adjusting to the size of the users monitor is pretty standard these days... Are you just saying the program wasn't written to be that dynamic in that regard?
When it's in full screen mode, it's already showing everything as big as it can. Anything else would either distort the proportions or cut off the top & bottom of the graphics. The only way to get true full screen would be to put black bars on either side & would add nothing. It's been discussed before. It is what it is.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-x-with-support-for-full-screen-mode.169343/

When it's in full screen mode, it's already showing everything as big as it can. Anything else would either distort the proportions or cut off the top & bottom of the graphics. The only way to get true full screen would be to put black bars on either side & would add nothing. It's been discussed before. It is what it is.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-x-with-support-for-full-screen-mode.169343/

Axe-Edit is created using a platform that has its own UI tools and implicit rules
The platform they are using is limited in that capacity then. Oh well. Kind of annoying but overall a minor inconvenience I guess. Thanks for responding! Gonna go back to tinkering now!

The ratio of screen height to width is fixed. You cannot make it wider than allowed given the height at that point. Fixed proportions so as to not render their labels and graphics unreadable. Very common in software for all platforms.

No, it isn't. The design has a fixed aspect ratio. Would the following really be any better?

View attachment 78370

Would be a minor improvement but I would vote for it. It would be nice to be able to go full screen so that you can just focus on AxeEdit without distraction of other windows. That being said my current workaround on a Mac is to after going full size to just "Hide Others" so that I am focused on AxeEdit.

Useless bordering black bars to hide the desktop are, well, useless. Remember watching widescreen video in a shadowbox? How about 4:3 TV on a widescreen monitor. Shudder!!!!

The irony of this all is the UI design of this forum currently has this useless space on the sides when we make our browsers full screen. But it seems to work fine here :D

The irony of this all is the UI design of this forum currently has this useless space on the sides when we make our browsers full screen. But it seems to work fine here :D
There's a reason for that. A reason that is about 500 or so years old. It's the same reason newspapers are printed in columns.

A line of text that wide is difficult to read, because it tends to cause difficulty for the reader's eyes to follow the line and jump to the next accurately.

Similarly, a column of text too narrow is also hard to read, as longer words end up hyphenated and continued on the next line far too often. It was figured out in Gutenberg's time....

There's a reason for that. A reason that is about 500 or so years old. It's the same reason newspapers are printed in columns.

A line of text that wide is difficult to read, because it tends to cause difficulty for the reader's eyes to follow the line and jump to the next accurately.

Similarly, a column of text too narrow is also hard to read, as longer words end up hyphenated and continued on the next line far too often. It was figured out in Gutenberg's time....
I agree with some of your premise but it was also a design decision to use a fixed layout and not to place other content in the sidebars. There are plenty of examples of blogs etc that do not use a fixed layout and have content in the sidebars (site navigation, tag cloud, etc).

Back
Top Bottom