Is this normal?

Vecordia

I have noticed that since my previous firmware update or so (3.01) my startup screen first shows some text loading before it goes to the AXE FX III logo. I wanted to wait and see if with a new update it would go away, but I just uploaded the version 3.02, and it is still there. Is this normal?

Screenshot 2019-02-27 at 16.00.59.png

Completely normal. I believe it was added a few firmwares ago to help diagnose some bugs.
I kinda like seeing the text at startup though, so I'm hoping it doesn't go away...

The axe fx is basicly a computer running a real time operating system. What you are seeing is the OS booting up. Each line of text is a status message . This is normal for computers and especially common in embedded systems as it it is used for diagnostic purposes.

Completely normal. I believe it was added a few firmwares ago to help diagnose some bugs.

Yes, some people had an issue with the unit freezing on startup, so the text was added to troubleshoot exactly where in the bootup cycle it was occuring.

Thanks for your replies, guys. Glad to see it is normal.

It is only that being used to the gorgeous startup screen with the Axe logo, it looks a bit underwhelming now. I get that the added text showing the different boot up cycle stages will help troubleshooting startup issues, but I guess that ideally this text would instead only be revealed, for instance, when holding pressed a key or two of the axe while switching the unit on (kind off a recovery startup), thus leaving the normal startup (not holding said keys) as was before..... sorry if I am being very picky :)

Back
Top Bottom