Is this normal when editing scenes?

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hello! I copied a preset to a new preset to do some experimenting, and I'm having this issue when I copy my cab channel to another channel, then edit my scene for say scene 1 amp C to pair with cabinet C, it works fine, then I go to scene 2 amp B and use cab channel B, and it sounds cool. The second I switch back to scene 1, everything is as expected, but when I go back to scene 2, the cab block stays the same and doesn't switch channels. Is this because I'm not saving my scenes before doing this? I was under the impression everything temporarily saves until you actually save it, no?

Also, amp revert with scene revert still doesn't work when changing amp channels for some reason.. :(

You probably already know this, but there’s a setting for scene revert on/off. This setting decides if a scene «remembers» changes even without saving.

for example if you go to scene two, add an effect before leaving the scene again. If the effect should still be on next time you go to scene two, depends on if you have scene revert on or off.

You probably already know this, but there’s a setting for scene revert on/off. This setting decides if a scene «remembers» changes even without saving.

for example if you go to scene two, add an effect before leaving the scene again. If the effect should still be on next time you go to scene two, depends on if you have scene revert on or off.

Got ya! The thing is, I dig scene revert! I set up my axe fx to have a "Pedalboard Layout" if you will, so that on the fly, I can edit any scene as if I was using a an analog pedalboard. Scene revert works on every effect I've tried so far except the amp block. The amps never revert back to what they're supposed to if you change an amp channel on a scene.

Got ya! The thing is, I dig scene revert! I set up my axe fx to have a "Pedalboard Layout" if you will, so that on the fly, I can edit any scene as if I was using a an analog pedalboard. Scene revert works on every effect I've tried so far except the amp block. The amps never revert back to what they're supposed to if you change an amp channel on a scene.
They’re supposed to revert back unless you don’t have scene revert on. Are you calling up the same scene or a different scene?

They’re supposed to revert back unless you don’t have scene revert on. Are you calling up the same scene or a different scene?
I'll double check, but I should have scene revert on because everything else reverts except amp channels. I'm doing both in terms of switching; hitting the same scene button again, or changing scenes, and then changing to the previously edited scene, and it doesn't update the amp block.

I'll double check, but I should have scene revert on because everything else reverts except amp channels. I'm doing both in terms of switching; hitting the same scene button again, or changing scenes, and then changing to the previously edited scene, and it doesn't update the amp block.
I can’t confirm if it’s doing the same on mine...I haven’t updated fw for a while ...but it’s supposed to revert back to previous amp channel

One note: I don't believe Scene Revert is honored if you change scenes via the editor. This is by design to allow preset editing to be easier.

One note: I don't believe Scene Revert is honored if you change scenes via the editor. This is by design to allow preset editing to be easier.
Got ya! So, I always have Axe Edit open when trying this out, however, I'm not editing anything with it. Perhaps I have to reboot the Preset and then try it? Or does that mean Axe Edit can't be open at all when doing this? The strange thing though is that everything else I have tested so far in terms of scene revert works perfectly normal, just not the amp channel switching, so it seems specific to switching amp channels in particular. Also, editing on Axe Edit and switching scenes back and forth doesn't keep the changes temporarily for me. I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure that I could change things with Axe Edit and it would stay that way when switching between scenes until I switched Presets.

From the manual. Note the comments about both front panel and editor:

View attachment 73212
Sorry, just read this. Thank you for this. The funny thing is that with Scene Revert on, it doesn't work this way with amps. I can change an amp channel on a scene, and then go to another scene, and switch back to the previous scene, and the amp doesn't revert to what it's supposed to.

Does scene revert turn itself off on firmware updates or something? Strange thing is, scene revert works with everything but amp channels for me.

Back
Top Bottom