Is this normal or a hardware issue?

GuitarGuy316

Inspired
I recently got an FM3 and this is a picture of the original one received. The Output 2 knob doesn’t seem to be situated properly so LED light (I assume) is coming out from underneath. My Output 1 knob does not have this issue.

I just received a 2nd unit and this one is the same thing (actually it’s worse). It’s visible on both units when standing directly above. In a dark room it really sticks out.

EDCAA3E5-B493-4313-837F-B47783BA33EA.jpeg

Is this normal or a bad batch?

Mine does not have this issue ...

Mine has the same issue, also on Output 1, but a bit less than on Output 2. Don't think it's a problem.

I wrote support back about the 2nd one I received with the same issue. This time they said it's within "normal tolerance" and other units they at their office are the same. I guess it's just manufacturing tolerance...

Slightly annoying especially in a dark room but I it doesn't sound like there's anything I can do about it or it's a 50/50 lottery if the knobs are situated exactly in the correct spot.

The backlight from the screen leaks to the opening of the pot. I'd say perfectly normal and does not affect the performance of the unit. If you don't like it maybe the tech can open up the unit and block the display backlight spill, if that bothers you much.

Back
Top Bottom