Is this Ibanez RG series a good deal?

Wanted to try some Eastwood guitars too, although the styling is vintage, I'd guess it can "Grunge"? Offset stylings are also something I started having an interest in.

A bit late to this but for that price I'd track down a used RG570. The bridge is the main reason, the Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are two of the greatest Floyd's to ever exist. I haven't dug a single trem Ibanez has put out aside from those two. I don't know if they still call it the Lo-TRS, but that's what used to be on the 470's and lower, it's soft metal and you'll spend more time tuning than playing it.

A bit late to this but for that price I'd track down a used RG570. The bridge is the main reason, the Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are two of the greatest Floyd's to ever exist. I haven't dug a single trem Ibanez has put out aside from those two. I don't know if they still call it the Lo-TRS, but that's what used to be on the 470's and lower, it's soft metal and you'll spend more time tuning than playing it.
A late reply to a late reply, but I 2nd this. I picked up a 91 RG570 for $80 with no issues whatsoever. Now that's not a normal deal, but for around $400-600 you can get an early 550/570 off reverb which will blow away even some newer high end Ibanez. They're basically the basis of a Jem, but without the inlays, Vai pickups, and the monkey grip (which imo is all a plus).

Made in Indonesia, heard great stuff about them for the price point. I would expect some kind of setup tinkering needed. Never tried one myself though
My sterling JP70 was made in Indonesia, Great quality. Pickups on that guitar could have been just a lllliiiitttllle bit better but I digress :)

I'm not sure which RG series is the better edition as they're depending on price. This one is 40% off right now:

Ibanez RG450EXB RG Series 6-string Electric Guitar Blue Metallic | Guitar Center
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/RG450EXB-RG-Series-6-string-Electric-Guitar.gc
Looks like a great guitar to me for the price point, basically a solid intermediate axe, I'd feel better purchasing one of these less expensive Ibanez guitars than a used higher end as you never know if the used guitar has trust rod issues, or pot/pups/switch problems until you get it in your hands and string it up.

My 2001 RG570 is my main ax for heavy stuff. Absolute workhorse. I swapped out the pickups a couple times but the stock S and V series are very solid. They are dirt cheap used, compared to new ones.

Back
Top Bottom