• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Is this Ibanez RG series a good deal?

Bushy

Inspired
Wanted to try some Eastwood guitars too, although the styling is vintage, I'd guess it can "Grunge"? Offset stylings are also something I started having an interest in.

RevDrucifer

Inspired
A bit late to this but for that price I'd track down a used RG570. The bridge is the main reason, the Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are two of the greatest Floyd's to ever exist. I haven't dug a single trem Ibanez has put out aside from those two. I don't know if they still call it the Lo-TRS, but that's what used to be on the 470's and lower, it's soft metal and you'll spend more time tuning than playing it.

A bit late to this but for that price I'd track down a used RG570. The bridge is the main reason, the Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are two of the greatest Floyd's to ever exist. I haven't dug a single trem Ibanez has put out aside from those two. I don't know if they still call it the Lo-TRS, but that's what used to be on the 470's and lower, it's soft metal and you'll spend more time tuning than playing it.
A late reply to a late reply, but I 2nd this. I picked up a 91 RG570 for $80 with no issues whatsoever. Now that's not a normal deal, but for around $400-600 you can get an early 550/570 off reverb which will blow away even some newer high end Ibanez. They're basically the basis of a Jem, but without the inlays, Vai pickups, and the monkey grip (which imo is all a plus).

Stevetzag

Made in Indonesia, heard great stuff about them for the price point. I would expect some kind of setup tinkering needed. Never tried one myself though
My sterling JP70 was made in Indonesia, Great quality. Pickups on that guitar could have been just a lllliiiitttllle bit better but I digress :)

DaveO

Experienced
I'm not sure which RG series is the better edition as they're depending on price. This one is 40% off right now:

Ibanez RG450EXB RG Series 6-string Electric Guitar Blue Metallic | Guitar Center
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/RG450EXB-RG-Series-6-string-Electric-Guitar.gc
Looks like a great guitar to me for the price point, basically a solid intermediate axe, I'd feel better purchasing one of these less expensive Ibanez guitars than a used higher end as you never know if the used guitar has trust rod issues, or pot/pups/switch problems until you get it in your hands and string it up.

Wolfe2973

My 2001 RG570 is my main ax for heavy stuff. Absolute workhorse. I swapped out the pickups a couple times but the stock S and V series are very solid. They are dirt cheap used, compared to new ones.

Top Bottom